Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amazing 1930s knitwear dress on ebay

swinggal

One Too Many
Yes, vintage knitted gowns and blouses do stretch quite a lot. I have 2 gowns and there is a lot of give. Sadly, there is damage to it Marc, under the arm, so I guess we'll see. Very cute though :)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Yes, i think it will sell for oodles of cash. Luckily that colour combo does nothing for me, so i'm not too gutted.

Ironically, that color combo might end up being a big factor in its price. It's an iconically early '30s color pairing that is, for whatever reason, rather difficult to find in the vintage market. In my opinion, this piece is museum-worthy.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I agree, the colour combo will be a big selling point. It's a beautiful piece. What i meant is that it's two colours that really don't suit me, so i won't be too upset when someone else snaffles it for big bucks. That's me trying to justify not having that dress to myself!! (I would secretly love it for my collection).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo