Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Adam for Adams.

spiridon

A-List Customer
With my last name being Adams, it only made sense for me to track down a hat by the name of "Adam".....only for some reason it was somewhat hard for me to find one. I guess they weren't as popular as Dobbs and some of the others?[huh]
Anyhoo, here's what I finally found in my size. A "Deluxe Quality" edition.:D Seems ro be well made.......I LIKE IT!:)

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ah, nice crown, nice brim, nice color.
Nicer than most Adam hats I've seen.

Congrats.

But what do they say to you down at the hat
junkies group therapy meeting these days?
That's quite a jag you're on.

ideaguy

One Too Many
I've got 2 Adams' hats, and love 'em. Nicely cut, good color, and comfortable-but the one on yer bean- WOOOOEEEE! I really didn't think
they went that far into the "fancy hat" business-looks great on you, and
congrats for the Adam for Adam find.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

deanglen

Such a classy hat! The wide bound edge, hm-m-m-m-m, I think I do like it! Great wide ribbon, coming from a thin ribbon guy. May I ask, what are you driving in your pictures? Looks like a prisoner transport van. Terrific hat and pictures, Spiridon, as always!

dean

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Most I have seen

MOst Adam hats I have seen seemed to be more of a fifties style with a shorter rown and wider brim. That one is a beaut. When did they start producing. Yours looks more 30s 40s to me.

Is it just me, or does it seem that most new hats are more conical than straight up tube with a dome on top. New hats look funny, or just a little off even if they are good quality. Anyone else have an opinion why?

spiridon

A-List Customer
Thanks again guys.:D

....Tommy, yeah I think it is more of a silver/grey or cream color. I should have taken a picture of the liner area, perhaps someone here would be able to give me an idea of it's vintage.

....Dean..lol lol lol ...no sir, it's not a prisoner transport van, just a communications "work" van. Although lately I have felt somewhat like a prisoner here at work!;) :D

Razzman

One Too Many
John, great looking hat. As always, you wear it well. I like the color and the ribbon with the matching brim ribbon. I have 3 Adam hats, and I like them all.
Congratulations. :eusa_clap

Tony in Tarzana

Great hat! I have three Adam hats, two fedoras and a top hat. Adam hats were very popular, they were lower-priced than the higer end Stetson and Dobbs hats but had plenty of style.

I think people bought them and wore them a lot, and there aren't as many left for that reason. I think the expensive hats stayed on the shelf and therefore survive, while their owners wore Adam hats every day and wore them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner