Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An exciting event

gingermore

Familiar Face
First a back story...

I'm a jazz singer, I do a few gigs around my home town.

Yesterday morning I received a call. The lady on the phone said she had some clothes that she thought I might like to have (she'd gotten my number from the owner of one of the venues I perform at). Turns out her 90 year old mother was moving out of her home and she (her daughter) had been clearing out her house and found some old clothes.

So this lady came over to my house with six dresses dating from (I think) early 30s to 50s. I tried them all on and they all fit! She gave them to me in exchange for a couple of my CDs.

I'm so excited I had to share. I'm particularly ecstatic about the 1930s dresses as I have found it nearly impossible to find clothes from this era around where I live. One of them is a black velvet number with some beadig at the top that looks like something Edith Piaf would have worn. Most of them need cleaning and repair and look pretty ordinary at the moment but I will put up some photos when I've got them looking nice.

Does anybody else have a story about an exciting vintage find?

gingermore

Familiar Face
Here is the first photo... more to come.
2694547311_a041b0afc6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner