Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

And the PEABODY goes to.......

RBH

Bartender

:eusa_clap Conradulations :eusa_clap

KObalto

Please PM me your address and I shall have this in the mail shortly.

Thanks to all who sent in an entry and a special thank you to Mike Moore of Buckaroo Hatters for his generosity.
Mike, I hold you in the highest regard, and look forward to more great work from you.
Also, a big thank you to Fatwoul and Douglas for their help in this endeavor.
And last but not least thanks to the Fedora Lounge and The Guy In Charge for letting us do this, and for giving us a fun, decent and friendly place to gather.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations, and welcome to the Lounge, KObalto!

Wow... an Art Fawcett ordered and a Mike Moore won--heck of a start! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For he's a jolly good fellow
for he's a jolly good fellow'
for he's a jolly good fe-e-l-l-l-o-o-w-w,
which nobody can deny!:eusa_clap
Good for you, KObalto! Enjoy your hat!:)

dean

KObalto

One of the Regulars
Thank you RBH and the Memphis Mafia! Thank you Mike Moore for creating and donating this beautiful hat.Thanks to Fatwoul and Douglas as well. And, of course, I'd like to thank the Academy, ehrr, I mean the Lounge. I'll be sure to post photos.:D
If anyone is interested, I've copied my entry below. That's Mr. Hammett in my avatar, of course. If you do a Google image search for him, you're hard-pressed to find a photo where he isn't wearing a fedora.
Entry:
I would like to be considered for the "Peabody" because, while I am new to wearing hats I think I could give it a fitting home. I would wear it to my office at 1 Calvert Plaza, formerly the Continental Trust Building. Built in 1901, it was briefly the tallest American building south of New York and survived the Great Baltimore Fire. In the late teens and early 20s, a young private investigator named Dashiell Hammett worked there, inspiring his first stories about the Continental Op. Some even say that the birds which ornament the building served as the basis for The Maltese Falcon. At any rate, I think this beautiful hat would do well to inhabit the same building as Mr. Hammett. There was no bigger proponent of the fedora.

fatwoul

Practically Family
KObalto said:
...I would like to be considered for the "Peabody" because, while I am new to wearing hats I think I could give it a fitting home. I would wear it to my office at 1 Calvert Plaza, formerly the Continental Trust Building. Built in 1901, it was briefly the tallest American building south of New York and survived the Great Baltimore Fire. In the late teens and early 20s, a young private investigator named Dashiell Hammett worked there, inspiring his first stories about the Continental Op. Some even say that the birds which ornament the building served as the basis for The Maltese Falcon. At any rate, I think this beautiful hat would do well to inhabit the same building as Mr. Hammett. There was no bigger proponent of the fedora.

Sounds like a thoughtful entry, and a well-deserved win. I'm sure all the entries were good, but it's nice to see an interest in local history displayed by the winner.

Enjoy your new hat, KObalto.

Duck

Practically Family
Congratulations KObalto!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
You are getting a very fine hat! I am sure you will do us proud by wearing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner