Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Animated Disney movies

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Yes, Cars is great. I didn't think I'd like it either but I was blown away with how much I did enjoy it. However, my all time favorite Disney is a tie between Winnie-the-Pooh (yeah, I know SURPRISE!) and Pinocchio (I wanted to marry him when I was 2 years old and I was spelling his name at age 3...I guess I was slightly obsessed).

Lesvinyl

Familiar Face
Yes I remember being quite frightened of that devil guy at the end. I personally always loved The Sword in the Stone, Lady and the Tramp and The Little Mermaid.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Lesvinyl said:
Yes I remember being quite frightened of that devil guy at the end. I personally always loved The Sword in the Stone, Lady and the Tramp and The Little Mermaid.

Watched Lady and the Tramp today.. love The Sword in the Stone..

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Never watched Brother Bear either.
Fantasia is an epic... I love the little mushroom people. The new Fantasia just didn't have "IT" tho.

Who remembers bawling like a baby when Fox and the Hound came out? :rolleyes:
Nikki

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I'd have to say either Little Mermaid, just because I want to be a mermaid and live under the sea. Yes, I know, the seaweed is always greener
in somebody else's lake, you dream about going up there, but that is a big mistake, just look at the world around you right here on the ocean floor,
such wonderful things surround you, what more is you lookin' for?
ooooowwoooo...... ooopss, sorry, I am known to break into Disney song every now and again.:p

And I would also say Mulan is one of my favorites because she is one tushie kicking toots. She broke the Disney mold. She didn't wait for the prince to come save her, she saved her familys honor and saved her country! You go girl!

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
New and classics

I probably couldn't choose between the classics ... Lady and the Tramp was the first animation I ever recall seeing as a child, so I guess it might be near the top.

But when it comes to the modern?
"The Incredibles" is all around the best movie that they have made in a long time. Cars was pretty good, too, but watch Incredibles again if you haven't watched it in awhile. It gets better with time :)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Aha, I thought this topic would never pop up, because people would consider it too juvenile! I'm glad to see other people have a kid at heart quality, I know I always have.

My very favorite is Sleeping Beauty, it was my favorite from the start, and I love it to this day. And it's true, I thought it didn't get much more perfect than Prince Phillip. And Maleficent is just the most wicked villain in my opinion, so conniving and malicious, who fed off the suffering of others. And I adore the three good fairies, especially Merriweather, she's hilarious.
Also LOVE Sword In The Stone. Archimedes is quite possibly my favorite animated character EVER. "Oh it flew alright! Just like a rock!" lol lol lol lol
Aristocats is FANTASTIC. I never get tired of watching this one. Amazing, catchy songs, cats, an aging grande dame, a silly villain, an exciting plot, and EVA GABOR! What more could you want?!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

101 Dalmations- I love the songs in this one. Great characters too.

Bambi
Dumbo
Cinderella
Beauty & The Beast
Aladdin

And I actually really love Hercules, the Muses are just fabulous. And I thought it was generally well done.
Both Lion King 1 & 2.
Tarzan

Ok, so you can you tell I LOVE Disney? Maybe I didn't make it obvious enough. lol :eek:

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Miss Lucy June said:
Fantasia freaked me out seriously as a kid.

Agreed. While overall, the movie is astounding, I don't revisit it half as much as I do the others, simply because I still get terrors from the dinosaur (Tyrannosaurus) fight scene and Night on Bald Mountain. I seriously think I cried when I was a kid, and that scene came on. Not even the Ave Maria segment that came right after it helped. What a traumatizing experience! :eek: :(

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
LadyStardust said:
Aristocats is FANTASTIC. I never get tired of watching this one. Amazing, catchy songs, cats, an aging grande dame, a silly villain, an exciting plot, and EVA GABOR! What more could you want?!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I forgot to mention this one! I love it too! It is actually really funny, and those kittens are presh. It's also where I learned the phrase "cr?®me de la cr?®me".

"IIIIII'm the leader. I'll say when it's the end. It's the end."

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
LadyStardust said:
Agreed. While overall, the movie is astounding, I don't revisit it half as much as I do the others, simply because I still get terrors from the dinosaur (Tyrannosaurus) fight scene and Night on Bald Mountain. I seriously think I cried when I was a kid, and that scene came on. Not even the Ave Maria segment that came right after it helped. What a traumatizing experience! :eek: :(
Lawsuit!
I'll put you in touch with my lawyer. lol

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
What about the Live movies with toon crossovers???

I love Mary Poppins with a bit of animation, and Bedknow & Broomsticks too, appreciation for the actors in those, and I always loved the animation crossovers... Off Topic, Waterbabies,even tho it wasnt disney.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Miss Lucy June said:
I forgot to mention this one! I love it too! It is actually really funny, and those kittens are presh. It's also where I learned the phrase "cr?®me de la cr?®me".

"IIIIII'm the leader. I'll say when it's the end. It's the end."

It really is sweet. :) I think it's one of the generally overlooked classics, and I never could understand why. It has all the elements to make a memorable movie. And Napoleon and his sidekick are a hoot. I also was greatly amused by Amelia & Abigail Gabble, the geese. One of my favorite quotes from that movie is:

Thomas O Malley: Hiya, chicks.
Abigail(laughing): We're not chickens, we're geese!
Thomas O Malley(dripping sarcasm): Nooooooooooo, I thought you were SWANS! lol lol lol lol

Disney sure knew how to come up with memorable quotes! :)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Yeah.... all those good old voices. That's one reason I like Robin Hood so much. With Roger Miller and others.

I need to buy Mary Poppins yet. As for other cross-overs, not Disney but what about The Incredible Mr. Limpet!

Oh and I DO adore Cinderella.. no I didn't forget about that one! "Cinderelly and Lucafie".. lol!

Nikki

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Mary Poppins, oh, yeah!!!:)
I mean, it is my signature line.lol lol lol
I saw it when it was first released, I couldn't wait to get to the movie theatre.
These were the days of no video/DVD, you had to go to the theatre, or wait until it aired on TV.:p

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Not Disney, but I was a big fan of Don Bluth films: The Secret of Nimh, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Anatasia.

Robin Hood was probably my favorite Disney film as a kid. I've always liked Beauty and the Beast, too.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Cars and The Incredibles. I can watch those two over and over and over and over and ad nauseum . . .

I truly enjoyed The Little Mermaid (and often pass on buying it, for some reason) and Beauty and the Beast.

Funny thing, I was in my waning years of amatuer fashion photography when Little Mermaid came out, and one of the last ladies I photographed, Joelanna, bore a striking resemblance to Belle. I even pointed that out to her parents and they agreed.

Bambi and Tarzan were given to me as gifts, and I always liked Lady and the Tramp.

The Incredible Mister Limpet has a special place in my heart, and I don't know why! I just love that old film. I picked it up last year.

And for years I've been wanting to see Pete's Dragon, again. I think that's the last film my family saw in a drive-in.

Lee

I, too, have NIMH. Wonderful film. Dom DeLouise is great! "I love sparklies!"

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'm an old fashioned guy...

Who loves the old cartoons of Whackey Races; Scooby Do; Tom & Jerry; Top Cat, Deputy Dawg....etc!

Am I alone...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy