Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anj-4

avique

One of the Regulars
Thanks Big J. I'm looking forward to its arrival next week (delayed by the snow) but I have to admit that I'm still having a hard time believing that I pulled the trigger on this one.

John Lever

One Too Many
Ken has very generously made a jacket for me to borrow, using their very latest pattern. It's on its way so I should be able to post photos very soon.

samo

One of the Regulars
I have some questions regardnig ANJ-4. I intend to get red sheep skin reinforced with russet or maybe black goat. The second option looks more appealing to me, but I have not seen such combination yet? The other thing that I am interested is proper back lenght and the last thing what do You think about tapering ? The B-3 has more chubby look so I guess that tapering is not a case for such jacket, but for ANJ-4 maybe?

John Lever

One Too Many
The loan jacket was a good length,it came down below the waist so covered the lower back. Tapering was not an issue but remember this jacket would have been worn with shearling trousers which were bulky.

Edward

Bartender
You could ask Aero whether they'd be prepapred to do you a special order with black goat reinforcement panels; my guess as to the reason why you've not seen one like that as of yet is simply that most folks want to buy one that stays accurate to the original military spec.

LouisBailie

Banned
Eastman ANJ-4 in Warhorse HH over 15MM sheepskin in size 48, order changed from 25MM to 15mm shearling after production started.

Frontal view and closed aligned bottom of jacket zipped up.
Bottom of collar to bottom of jacket zipped 25"
Shoulder to shoulder is 22 "
Pit to pit measures 26.75 " and 54" circumference
bottom s t s 24" and circumference 51"

moto_1049.jpg
moto_1052.jpg
moto_1060.jpg
moto_1061.jpg

The bottom zipped lines up perfectly straight......

Last edited:

LouisBailie

Banned
Eastman ANJ4 sleeves and footballs. Warhorse horsehide panel over sheepskin Horse hide vented footballs

Sleeve length from shoulder seam to bottom of Horsehide cuff 26.5"

moto_1050.jpg
moto_1051.jpg
moto_1057.jpg

Roma

A-List Customer
Ok should be this week. I had one years ago but stupidly sold it.
John, are talking about your B2? I've seen yours posts about that, you mentioned it was very heavy and stiff. Was the leather 4 oz or 4+? I've ordered Stuart's B2 but haven't decided which thickness would be better for the jacket to be sturdy enough but not to weigh like a tank. I would say 4 kg is too much.

mihai

A-List Customer
Although I have a Lost Worlds AN-j 4, I just got a used one from Eastman(ebay item 201471394653). Price was quite right so I could not pass it up. Also I am puzzled by the Eastman sheepskin grain.
I'll post impressions on how it stands compared to the LW one.
I'm also curious how ELC sheepskin feels (never handled one).

mihai

A-List Customer
That's right his name is Paul. Is he a FL member? I don't remember a user with alike id.
The design with snaps seems a bit strange. I saw in other thread some OG pieces having also snaps. Was this part of the spec?

Last edited:

zoran

Banned
16jkldj.jpg

14m4egx.jpg

2cyr5hl.jpg

29c9ok7.jpg

ws4v43.jpg

2ir9284.jpg

fl8s41.jpg

282dfdx.jpg

2u8fgur.jpg

Sorry about the slippers and blurred final photo. My wife was impatient and pushed my phone too hard. The colour of the wool is less yellow than shown and the overall gloss is also less In reality.
For fit I am 5 10 and 170 pounds. The fit is relaxed so I could probably squeeze into a 40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112