Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ANJ4 length

Radu

Familiar Face
Hello, sorry for open a new tread for this but I can't send private message so is the only way to contact John Lever or other member who own a ANJ4.
So, I want to order an ANJ4 from AERO but I'm not sure about length. My height is 176 cm ( 5.8 ' I suppose ) and I want the jacket to cover my back 12-15 cm ( 5"-6" )over my belt being a jacket for cold winter . Do you think 27" it will be too much ? I own a 25.5" back length HWM and theoretical 26.5" it will be enough for ANJ4, but I don't know how much the ANJ4 it will rise up because of wool tickness. I will appreciate any advice from you.

JLStorm

Practically Family
Just ask Amanda are Aero. She will ask you for your measurements, they will make the jacket to your measurements. If you want it slightly long or short she can help you out with that too.

Radu

Familiar Face
I talked to Amanda, but she just gave me a range between 25 "- 29" and I have to take a decision.

JLStorm

Practically Family
Radu said:
I talked to Amanda, but she just gave me a range between 25 "- 29" and I have to take a decision.

Put on pants you normally wear pick a point to where you want a jacket to come too (wearing a jacket you already like the length on can help). Have someone measure from the base of your neck to that point.

I decided based on the length of most of my untucked tshirts. I knew I wanted the jacket to be just long enough so a tshirt didnt stick out from the bottom.

It will also depend on what you want to do with it. Will you be riding a motorcycle? Will you be sitting outside often? maybe you want a jacket that wont leave your lower back exposed.

Radu

Familiar Face
Thank you JL. I already did this and I concluded that 27 "is OK for me. My concern is because I do not know how much it will raise the jacket on my shoulders because the wool thickness and because of its construction. I do not ride, it will be a civilian jacket. I consider my HWM length -25"- and I believe that no matter how much ANJ4 it will rise, two inches over HWM length will be safe enough. I did the order for 27".

JLStorm

Practically Family
Radu said:
Thank you JL. I already did this and I concluded that 27 "is OK for me. My concern is because I do not know how much it will raise the jacket on my shoulders because the wool thickness and because of its construction. I do not ride, it will be a civilian jacket. I consider my HWM length -25"- and I believe that no matter how much ANJ4 it will rise, two inches over HWM length will be safe enough. I did the order for 27".

Aero will take those issues such as wool thickness into account when making the jacket. They are true masters at what they do. Ive had two jackets completely custom built from the ground up with some strange measurement requirements and they have nailed it both times. Just make sure they have all the information and express any concerns and they will do the rest!

B-24J

One of the Regulars
ANJ-4 Length

ANJ-4_Front.jpg

ANJ-4_Back.jpg

ANJ-4_Zipped.jpg

Hi Radu, still rather new to posting here but I thought I could give you an impression of the ANJ-4 fit. My original early model is a size 40. I am 6 foot with a 38 inch chest. Aero will know the best chest size for you. The first photo is unzipped to show the length in regards to the belt. In the back photo the collar seam to the bottom is 25 inches. The fit is fine as a jacket. However, if I were to wear long underwear, a uniform, flight suit, and an electrically heated flying suit I would need a size larger. Remember, this jacket was to be worn with the high waist leather trousers. For more pictures of the ANJ-4 and fit, search in the Outerwear section of the Lounge for the thread "ANJ4 sizing compared to B3 and Irvin jackets... ". Mr. Lever has some great shots of his various ANJ-4s.
Regards,John

Radu

Familiar Face
Hi John. It seems to me that we are almost the same size. I am 5'9" tall and chest 38" which makes me think that 27 "back length is a bit much. Yours ANJ4 fit you like my 25" Higwayman fit me so I think 26" it will be enough for my ANJ4. It will be a winter coat wear over a sweater. Amanda from Aero told me that 38" size it will be OK for me. I hope it will. Thank you John.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy