Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another AERO 1930s Slim Halfbelt/Luftwaffe Hybrid - Suggestions?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I'm still not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about Luftwaffe/cycliste jackets in general or about the Halfbelt I'm about to order? Do you also think that goat wouldn't work or are you only concerned with heavy HH?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Oh, I'm going for goat. I already have one in FQHH. I think the Halfbelts work in HH, but if you want a summer jacket like I do now, I agree that a lighter hide is in order.

Capeskin isn't the right thing for me, I think. I handled both Eastman Luftwaffe jackets, and while looking good when it came out of the box the Hartmann jacket just looked horrible on me. I found it too flimsy and shirt-like. The HH Luftwaffe jacket looked much better. If Eastman had been willing to make longer sleeves I would have been happy with it. Their HH is much lighter than Aero's, though.

Panacheman

Familiar Face
Excuse my french But........Daaaamn Rudie that is a classy jacket shame the fit is off. like the specs on the new order as well sounds like another winner on style hope the fit is better this go around

Goat is technically more durable than HH, but as I've stated before, I don't know what form the testing takes to measure hides (like those for metals, minerals, etc).
'Roo is #1.
Cape feels light and soft and more pliable, but it's pretty though stuff. Nothing however is like a FQHH Aero. That stuff is like a tank. :)

pauleway

Practically Family
John, are you saying goat is too heavy for a comfortable 30s Halfbelt or for a Luftwaffe style jacket? The goat samples I have from Aero are sturdy but much thinner than the FQHH. I don't want a faithful German war time jacket, though. I just love some features like the two breast pockets and the little Hartmann style flap pockets, and I think they go well with the 30s Halfbelt style.

Griff, strangely enough, some A-2s are cheaper in goat than in FQHH. That's why I asked Amanda.

I have a 50's Half-Belt in Russet Goat and it is awsome. It is a thick goatskin but not too heavy at all. The pebbled grain on the goatskin is really nice also. I have a cotton lining so I can wear it in three seasons, in winter I just layer a little. You're going to love the Russet Goat, it's a great piece of leather!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff