Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

another hair question

Rainbow

Familiar Face
I hope this hasn't already been posted. My hair is very fine and limp. I need something to actually swell the hair shaft to give it body. I just got it cut and it is very, very short. I really don't want to do the "haircolor" thing again, just got it out to it's natural color.....gray.

Snookie

Practically Family
I just got a product by Bumble and bumble, a volumizing spray. I haven't even tried it yet, but I saw it in the Allure magazine I was reading at the salon, so I grabbed some. I'll let you know!

There's also a bunch of volumizing shampoos and conditioners right now, available at the drugstore even. I'm using John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hairspray right now for everyday, it's a little sticky but it's got great hold. It really helps me with volume.

I just got my hair colored, to try for more volume...I think it's slightly fuller, but overall I don't like it -- I didn't really want a color change, so it's jarring, not exciting, when I look in the mirror. I'm starting to look forward to going gray...my mom tells me her hair got much thicker...:)

texasgirl

One Too Many
I have fine hair and I use Bumble and Bumble too, but the thickening spray. I Love it! It's kinda expensive, but I figured it out that it's only about .50 cents a week, so really not expensive after all ;)

Snookie

Practically Family
Whoops, that's what I meant! Thickening spray, from Bumble and Bumble. Glad to hear it's good, I paid $9 for a 2oz. tester bottle. I bet a better deal can be had somewhere on the internet.

shooshoobaby1

New in Town
My hair is also very fine. Often it is incredibly hard to style, especially if it is newly washed. However, I sometimes use Big Sexy Hair Root Pump, and it is very good for a lift in the crown area. It also adds a bit of texture so my hair is easier to style. If you want something to apply all over your hair, Garnier Fructis' XXL Volume thickening mouse works well for me also. I hope this helps!

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
My hair is thin/fine too. If I wear it straight I use a volumizing spray like Garnier XXL Root Booster or the Marc Anthony line of Instantly THICK. I have tried the thickening cream that comes in a pump and it works very well. Both of these lines are also very inexpensive (way under $10), so it's worth it to give it a try! If I set my hair, I just use the Lottabody (undiluted) and my hair looks very full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo