Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another happy Highwayman owner !

Volpone

New in Town
Hello,
I just received the box from the post office ... what can i say ... it's beautiful, perfect fit, soft leather ... I can't find the words right now ... here are some pic's out from the box ...
DSCN2090-1.jpg

DSCN2092.jpg

DSCN2091.jpg

Seal Brown, mid-weight HH, size 40.

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
Congratulations!

Finally somebody took a chance and tried mid weight HH on the Highwayman.Judging from the amount of posts on how to soften FQHH around here, that should be a better choice for many.

Enjoy!

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Yes, it looks very good, straight out of the box.

I wonder whether the lighter weight hide means that they can get a more fitted shape. I notice the side panels are thinner than on my FQHH one.

I also wonder what the Highwayman would look like in goat? Hmmm. I've lost 2 inches round my chest since ordering it and might be ordering another very soon.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket! The combination of lining and leather looks excellent. Is that the "Common Riding" tartan? One of my jackets is made from the same type of leather and there's is virtually no breaking-in required. With a couple of creases and folds your jacket will look truly breathtaking.:eusa_clap

Volpone

New in Town
Thank you all for your considerations, and also to all the members for their advices they gave each other, it helped me a lot to make my decisions. Indeed it is "Common Riding", somehow a "mid-weight" lining, between Royal/Black Stewart and alpaca, don't know how a blanket or other heavy lining look like.
Regards.

Glamdringer

New in Town
That's a great looking jacket
I was also thinking on getting a mid weight Highwayman, could you please post some pictures of you wearing it?

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
That's a great-looking jacket. Beautiful. You're going to be very happy with it, and receive a lot of compliments. Too bad it's the beginning of summer!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Looks good in a "lighter" hide.
I had an Aero Highwayman, many years ago but it was in a heavy steer hide
and really was too heavy to be a useful jacket- heavy, stiff and restrictive, even after a lot of use. This is probably due to the weight of the hide in combination with a design and cut not perfectly suited for such a hide.
It was still pretty hopeless even when it started looking a little shabby.
When the hide is too heavy, thick and stiff, what looks to be a nice design, or style can be totally lost.

But some folks seem happy with their heavy-hide Highwayman/men.

It was a real shame.

Horse looks better.

B
T

Volpone

New in Town
Hello,
Stiffness of FQHH was the main reason for me to choose mid-w HH and I'm very happy with it, this leather is very soft and comfortable to wear ... my next Aero will be also a mid-w HWM, in jerky seal this time with probably a heavy blanket lining and some minor changes.
I'll post some pics wearing jacket soon, since the cold season is about to begin.

Regards,
V.

goldendawn7

New in Town
Thats........beautiful. The lining in gorgeous. So how would you compare the mid weight HH with regular old high quality cow leather? It looks really soft in the pictures. Is the difference between mid and heavy really that night and day? I think your jacket has inspired my next leather purchase to be one just like yours.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Lovely looking Highwayman

Great job by Aero. Can you tell us what it weighs, since it is a lighter leather. Love that colour.

Volpone

New in Town
sure, it weighs 2,1 kg / 4,63 pounds ... I added 1/2 inch to the body ... if you want, I can tell you and another dimensions.

Regards,
V.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Volpone said:
sure, it weighs 2,1 kg / 4,63 pounds ... I added 1/2 inch to the body ... if you want, I can tell you and another dimensions.

Regards,
V.
Thanks, that's a lot lighter than the regular Highwayman - lighter is a good thing since they weight about twice that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner