Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Vanson Enfield in the House

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Sorry, no pix yet.
I'll try to get some up this weekend.
But I gotta say, it's a beautifully made jacket.
Easily the equal to my Aero Highwayman in terms of quality of stitching, leather weight, appearance etc.
It's a substantial jacket and would definitely protect me in a high speed motorcycle get off.
It'll be fun breaking it in.
But since it's in the high 80's lately, that might take some time.
I was surprised at the length, it's well below the belt line.
It's more of a casual jacket as opposed to a true motorcycle jacket, even though it has long zippered sleeves.
Fit is just right with the straps pulled all the way in.
It's just roomy enough to put it in the casual class as opposed to the extreme tight fitting true motorcycle jacket.
It's a 40, which is my normal size.
I might've chosen a 38 had I wanted to use it as a dedicated MC jacket, but that isn't the case.
All in all, a gorgeous jacket.
Plus, I got the 10% discount as I ordered it during Vanson's Open House.
I gotta thank Van for posting the pix of his when he got it.
That's what pushed me over the edge. lol
Lenny

Navin323i

Practically Family
Congrats Lenny! What color is your new Enfield jacket?

How long does the Vanson Open House discount go until?

I fell in love with that jacket when a member here posted one in an orange-like color (I forget the exact color name and the member who posted it but I recall he wound up selling it).

I say wear the jacket despite the heat and just think "cool thoughts". That's what I did recently when I wore my Aero NYPD jacket in 95 degree heat, though it was only for about a half hour or so during the awards ceremony in my recent car show last weekend (wore the jacket for good luck which it definitely gave me). :D

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Well, lemme start my answers to you Navin by saying YOU'RE A NUT FOR WEARING LEATHER IN 95 DEGREE WEATHER!
And you're a much tougher (stupider) man than I am! lol
I will wear it in my house in the AC though.
The jacket is black.
Unfortunately, the open house is over.
It is a nice jacket though, and I can't wait till it's broken in.
The only thing I'd like on it, and on all longer jackets, is a double zipper so you can open up the bottom when sitting in a car or on a bike.
Lenny

Navin323i

Practically Family
OneEyeMan said:
Well, lemme start my answers to you Navin by saying YOU'RE A NUT FOR WEARING LEATHER IN 95 DEGREE WEATHER!
And you're a much tougher (stupider) man than I am! lol
I will wear it in my house in the AC though.
The jacket is black.
Unfortunately, the open house is over.
It is a nice jacket though, and I can't wait till it's broken in.
The only thing I'd like on it, and on all longer jackets, is a double zipper so you can open up the bottom when sitting in a car or on a bike.
Lenny

Lenny, are you by chance related to my wife because she said the same thing to me after she found out I wore it (though for a short time) in the crazy heat. lol :D

Great idea about the double zipper... I usually find with my longer jackets I have to lift them up high enough that I can sit directly in my car seat versus sitting on the bottom portion of my jackets. :)

53Effie

A-List Customer
I'm glad to hear you got the new jacket and looking forward to pics. The Enfield is one of my favorites. When was the Vanson open house?

jchosko

Familiar Face
Looking forward to seeing pics. I love the Enfield, I have one in black as well. My toughest jacket for sure--I find the competition weight leather on mine to be almost twice as thick as the FQHH on my Aero HG-5. And that windflap is out of this world! Mine has leather lined outside pockets as well, which no doubt adds to the overall heft of the jacket.

I know what you mean about the odd length. Vanson advertises it as a 3/4 length coat, but I think that's just not true...

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Here you go all.

front.JPG

back.JPG

Peacoat

Bartender
Yes, I like the extra length in the sleeves and the body. Keeps the wind chill from creeping in on those cool days spent in the saddle. Having long arms and a tall body, I hope mine (if it ever comes) has as much extra length as yours does.

jchosko

Familiar Face
Peacoat,

How long ago did you order the Enfield? I feel like it's been many a month...Any news on its estimated arrival date?

Peacoat

Bartender
jchosko said:
Peacoat,

How long ago did you order the Enfield? I feel like it's been many a month...Any news on its estimated arrival date?

I ordered mine on December 12, 2009. In April I called to change the size and was told there had been a problem with the last shipment of hides; they weren't of sufficient quality, and it would be a while longer before they made my Enfield. Going on three months now with no word. Guess I ought to call and see what is going on.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Nice one Lenny - the length of the body is just how I like my jackets. Please post some more pics after the break in.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo