Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antique Piano...

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I'm not sure what forum this best fit into, but thought you guys would appreciate it even if I stuck it into the wrong place...

My wife and I just bought this piano circa 1901-1910. We just had it tuned and it sounds great. The piano itself cost us only $100 and the tuning was another $60. Not a bad deal, eh? I pulled out a reproduction of "Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag" that I bought at the Imperial Museum in London, aged it and slapped it on the music stand...

Dcp06208.jpg

Dcp06213.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
That's the kind of piano my mother had for most of my childhood. She gave it to a friend of hers when she got a newer one. I still like the sound of the old upright better. Scott Joplin tunes sounded better on it.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Tony, my question is, do you play it? I concur....Joplin coming out of the top and bottom of an old upright like that is pure heaven (when played right.;) ) One of the best personal tonics I know. Nothing I like better than pounding out a good ragtime on a tried and true (and in tune) upright grand!!! Regards. Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany