Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any have a Buzz Rickson Plaid CCC Jacket?

Xopher

A-List Customer
Does anyone have the Buzz Rickson CCC jacket in the plaid. I’m infatuated by them and am on the hunt for one but I’ve never seen any in-depth photos by people who have them.

How do you like it? How thick is the wool. Any photos to share?

Thanks all

Feetlebaum

New in Town
Hey I came across this thread because I, like you, recently became enamored with the CCC jacket! Specifically because I have joined a local living history group that does Civilian Conservation Corp. I think because its obscure and hard-to-come-by is part of the allure that makes me want one so bad! Apart from the fact it looks so damn nice.

I don't know too much about the Buzz Rickson jacket, but The Real McCoy makes their own version as well. Unfortunately it seems the only way to get your hands on one is to buy from the limited stock available in Japan, since all other retailers are out of stock. This means going through a proxy delivery service because (as I've learned) getting Japanese exports can be difficult.

I don't know if this was a limited run, or if Buzz Rickson/Real McCoy plan to make more and restock. I'm hoping the latter and it is just because of the pandemic that they haven't been able to source the materials for more jackets. From what I gather it was a popular item and sold out quickly a couple years ago when it first released. I guess an alternative would be to keep an eye on ebay and Japanese auction sites to see if a used one comes up for sale.

If you want to take a gamble there is this that I found from Hong Kong which looks like the Buzz Rickson version
https://www.beotyshow.com/products/...30826&pr_ref_pid=6845278879786&pr_seq=uniform

NOTE that it says it is made of %20 wool and %80 Polyester. I have read stories of cheap knock-offs being sold, using pictures advertising the real higher-quality version. See here
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/flapcup-ccc-jacket.104254/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner