Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any help on identifying the maker of this café racer jacket?

lina

Practically Family
I am mostly just interested out of curiosity, but may end up listing it for sale and would be interested to know more about it before I do that. I bought it from a guy in Canada. It’s got nice details, including elbow patches, and that snap on the collar. main zipper is marked Pride, and sleeve zips are YKK.
I was surprised to see that the zipper is on the left hand side, which I think in the US usually means it’s a ladies jacket, but the Internet tells me in Canada it’s more flexible, so perhaps it’s a Canadian brand? No tags anywhere.
D7971190-CB53-4506-B01F-84B83E3296E6.jpeg 39CE255B-6AE8-45C2-B3E7-C7B26F0DBEDF.jpeg 1A4CA3A1-C28D-4243-BCF8-53B006772306.jpeg E20BFCAE-928E-4ADE-BA7B-B06436A11D0B.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was surprised to see that the zipper is on the left hand side
This could be a Commonwealth thing. My two Lewis Leather jackets and the RAF Repro from Aero also have the zipper on the left side. The PHWM and Ridley have it on the right side.

Edward

Bartender
This could be a Commonwealth thing. My two Lewis Leather jackets and the RAF Repro from Aero also have the zipper on the left side. The PHWM and Ridley have it on the right side.

Yip. Zipper puller is always on the left here in the UK. Like driving... It's a difference between UK (and I think European, if I remember correctly??) jackets and US jackets that has come up here in the past.

@lina I am not familiar with this specific jacket, but at least here in the UK those quilted elbowpads and shoulders were a c.1975/76 thing through the 1980s, and largely phased out into the 90s when more padded styles began to become the norm in motorcycle gear (albeit they were still around, mostly phasing more into the fashion market). I think you could start with a rebuttable presumption that this is a mid-70s or 1980s jacket.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My Made in Canada (Roots) jackets have the zipper pull on the left hand side too. One of my Japanese jackets also has the zip pull on the left hand side. It makes sense for left handed folks.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
That was my first thought. Or Scores out of Toronto. Both are a bit eccentric and have the elbow pads. I like both. Always catch my eye.
Those are one and the same company, right? Score renamed to Shields or vice versa if I'm not mistaken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112