Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any ladies wear penny loafers?

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
If so, where in the world do you get them? My wife has a pair of Bass Weejuns but they are showing the end of their life and I'd like to get her a new pair. So does anyone know where to get some standard penny loafers preferably in burgundy? Thanks for your help everyone!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Why not get another pair of Bass loafers? I hear they're the best.

I personally do not wear loafers. I think I was traumatized by being made to wear them as a child.

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
I had a pair years ago from Etienne Aigner when they had shops open (worked in one), haven't seen them sold since the mid 90's. I echo others on the Bass Weejuns. Have a pair in black that have lasted many years.

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Well, the only real option we have here for Bass is the outlet where she got her original pair 2 years ago. Since then they have gone from burgundy in calf leather, to burgundy in brush off leather(like patent) she has looked at them and doesn't like that leather as its very plasticy. And I was hoping for something a bit better quality than throw away in a little more than 2 years.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
dwebber18 said:
Well, the only real option we have here for Bass is the outlet where she got her original pair 2 years ago. Since then they have gone from burgundy in calf leather, to burgundy in brush off leather(like patent) she has looked at them and doesn't like that leather as its very plasticy. And I was hoping for something a bit better quality than throw away in a little more than 2 years.

Order them on their website. They have the ones you're looking for there.

http://www.bassshoes.com. The "London Burgundy" is probably exactly what she's looking for.

I know you're looking for something that will last longer than her current ones, but that's kindof hard without spending mad dough, and I'll be honest, your chances of finding them in a higher quality brand are slim, as they have not been a current style for a long time. 2 years isn't bad for a shoe that's worn frequently (although obviously I do not know what her wearing habits are), and a new pair might last longer with good care and regular visits to the cobbler.

You might want to try Cole Haan as well. I'm seeing a few loafer styles on their website - ttp://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/pwp.jsp?l=shop,pwp,c-100/hf-10001+70016/t-WOMEN%27S|SHOES#l=shop,pwp,c-100/f-4294967144/hf-10001+70016/t-WOMEN%27S|SHOES/ipp-40/pn-1

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Yeah, the London's definitely look pretty good I just wish I could see the leather in person(I just emailed them and asked for a better description). There is a local store that carries old stock Sebago made in the USA loafers but the leather is still a bit plasticy. I'd hate to have to get her the Church's I saw online, haha. Thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael