Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any thoughts on Schott Style: 463? (U.S. Bison Delivery Jacket)

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
It’s supposed to be here Monday. I’ll respond with pictures when it arrives.
The seller was extremely confident that the wear was all surface level and I was inclined to believe them given how nice the lining looked.
It was the last thing I needed but I was tempted by that one as well. Did you receive it? Thoughts and more pics?

Last edited:

Ingramite

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket.
I have to keep reminding myself that overall I really enjoy our warm Texas climate.

Still, I'm tempted to look good during the 15 minutes a year I could wear this. Why, maybe even a trip way up yonder...

It’s supposed to be here Monday. I’ll respond with pictures when it arrives.
The seller was extremely confident that the west was all surface level and I was inclined to believe them given how nice the lining looked.
Those old fidelity and excelled HH jackets are quite robust. Super thick hide, heavy painted topcoat. Nearly bullet proof. Look forward to seeing it in greater detail!

Observe

One Too Many
At first I wasn't sold on the flaps on the dual entry pockets on the 463 but I've warmed up to them, plus they could be tucked if desired. I wish Schott provided a sizing chart on their website, instead you have to send them an email and request it. Granted, they will provide you with a graded spec sheet with every conceivable measurement for all sizes, but it's a bit more tedious than necessary.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

CaptainFuzzy

New in Town
Mine is a 42” and measures 28” long, I’m 5’11.
Would you be willing to meet up at leather 64ten with me so the jacket tailor there can take measurements so he can copy the pattern? I’m serious about acquiring a similar jacket and I can’t find anything like it in good condition. You sir do indeed have a very lucky find. Don’t ever sell it. We’re the same size :) send me a message sir!

Observe

One Too Many
I requested the spec sheet for the 463 from Schott. They sent me the sheet for the 563, which based on a quick search seems to be the same pattern in a different leather. Schott later confirmed that the 463 and 563 are the same. If I were to get this jacket I'd consider going with the M. The M has measurements more in line with my other jackets, despite me getting L or XL (42-44) in most other jackets. Although maybe the liner would account for some of this apparently oversized seeming measurement. Schott seems to run large though in my experience.
Screenshot_20221107_144032.jpg

Observe

One Too Many
This would be a poor assumption.
It's not an assumption; it's based on my experience with several of their styles which I have owned. Perhaps other styles which I am not familiar with have different sizing conventions.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's not an assumption; it's based on my experience with several of their styles which I have owned. Perhaps other styles which I am not familiar with have different sizing conventions.

They make a wider range of jackets than just about everyone, except perhaps Aero (but even so they have more unique patterns than Aero). If anything they have more models that run small than ones that run big; it all depends on the type of jacket and the pattern block at hand.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
It's unfortunately the wrong weather for this right now and I'll have to follow up with more pictures (perhaps in another thread, don't want to hijack OP's thing) but my first impression is that this is nigh-indestructible. There's a lot of wear but somehow the leather still feels supple and the fleece lining is in miraculous shape compared to others I've seen from this time period. It's not perfect, the mouton collar has a tiny bald spot near the left lapel and the main zip is a YKK replacement though both were known when I bought it. TBH I tend to not fuss over zippers and I don't care enough to replace this one unless it breaks. The jacket's in perfectly wearable shape though I might make this a project for Dena since I think this one deserves the best life it can get. I apologize if anyone thought this might end up in the classifieds, it's a great fit and a near-ideal cold weather choice.
Those old fidelity and excelled HH jackets are quite robust. Super thick hide, heavy painted topcoat. Nearly bullet proof. Look forward to seeing it in greater detail!

Attachments

• IMG_5187.jpg
    IMG_5187.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 74

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21