Anybody ever buy Panama's from this seller???

Discussion in 'Hats' started by fedoralover, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Panamabob

Panamabob Call Me a Cab

I find it odd that all of their auctions are private. The public can't go back to see what you've bid on.

2. jayinhk

jayinhk New in Town

Yup, the negative feedback they've received and the private auctions should have been red flags. Ah well, at least this thread will come up anytime anyone Googles ecuacorp.

3. fedoralover

fedoralover Call Me a Cab

Well I'm glad I started this thread about them. Something never seemed right about their listings. Fedoralover

4. Panamabob

Panamabob Call Me a Cab

Not all is perfect out of Ecuador. I can tell from his auctions that I use the same factory for about 1/2 of our hats. Also, I've got my detractors, too.

5. jayinhk

jayinhk New in Town

I was thinking about starting a thread about ecuacorp right when you started yours, fedoralover, so it worked out perfectly. I'm somewhat tempted to keep the hat because I like it. Bob offered me a deal on a nice llano Cuenca caballero, however, and I just paid for it, so I can't justify buying two (at this stage, anyway). Maybe in a few months. I can wear panamas into December easily, so a good straw is always nice to have!

6. jayinhk

jayinhk New in Town

I looked at ecua's sombrero again this morning and was sorely tempted to wear it. Instead, I picked up this palm leaf (?) hat and walked to work with it on. I had a smirk on my face since I knew I was going to get a lot of interested looks. It's a Monday morning, this is one of the oldest, most traditional neighborhoods in the city, and I'm large and foreign. I heard a dried fish vendor who I see a few times a day say, "What a weird hat!" He doesn't know I speak Cantonese. I had to chuckle. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not 100% sure where this hat was woven, but it was a steal. It's a little too small for me, but I still wear it occasionally. If it was a panama it would be un poco callado I guess. :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012