Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone ever use leather firmer, or stiffening spray?

horweak

Familiar Face
If anyone has used this, or something like it for belts, jackets or anything else, id love to hear about the results! Thanks!

Attachments

• 63775-1_600x.jpg
    63775-1_600x.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 30

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
usually bag or wallet maker use that to soften the spine of the flap and stiffen the front and back faces, perhaps if we have creased our sleeve to see a clear crease pattern then we can use both of these maybe with more precise control like small brush to enhance the appearance of the crease pattern perhaps, would be faking in some sense but perhaps it will look good, as long as the surface of the leather is still absorbing treatment of course, would be useless to apply it on most motorcycle finished leather.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
in case of firming perhaps it can help with floppy band collar or collar that is too soft to stay popped up perhaps applying it under the back of the collar will make the back side to stay popped up better but I imagine this fluid will fill in the gaps between leather fibers and then dry perhaps into "leather fiber reinforced polymer" kind of state like Carbon fiber reinforced polymer ... then when it is forced to bend then it will shatter or at least will crack?

horweak

Familiar Face
I used a spilled pint of Guiness from a bar mate of mine to permanently stiffen the sleeve of a cheap A2. Didn’t realize that my arm was resting in a puddle of beer for nearly a half hour. The girl on the other side of the spill was really cute.
Nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy