Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone got pics of an aero in cherry?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
wdw's had a few cordovan Aero jackets - one very recently. He may be able to give you an idea how it varies from jacket to jacket.

Edward

Bartender
My cordovan bootlegger is very much a claret / burgundy hue, which is exactly what I was after. I did get samples from Aero but took their guidance back in the day - the cherry I was sent at the time looked darker in a small sample than it apparently would made up in a jacket.

The colour has a definite "Fight Club" vibe to it. I like it.

Yes, I agree. I'd be curious to see it in a Cafe Racer with white arm-stripes... That was my favourite jacket in the film (the headlight-smashing sequence), though I can't really imagine it fitting with the rest of my wardrobe.

Weirdly, if you've ever seen an old American movie called The Cross and the Switchblade (it's about a pastor from somewhere out in Pennsylvania who went to New York City to evangelise to gangs based there in the 70s: true story, or based on one at least), there was a gang in that called the MauMaus who all wore jackets that looked veyr similar to the one in the OP.

Cordovan's going to be about as reddish as I'm going to go- I thought that cherry might have been more black cherry/bloodstain sorta colour.

If you want that sort of darker colour, yes, I'd suggest going with cordovan.

morrison2951

Practically Family
Either cherry or cordovan are not for the shy, timid wall flower type. They definitely make a bold statement and they will garner looks from others. Very unique and fun colors.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Nice! The thing that put me off cherry is that it seems to wear to a slightly pink-purple finish which I'm just not a fan of. Cordovan seems to go to more of a ruddy tone.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Having seen a number of the "Cherry" jackets I'd suggest it's more of mid red/brown/burgundy whereas the Cordovan is definately dark burgundy. I don't see the pink / purple in the cherry ( certainly not the one I had (Highwayman) ) and I actually really liked the colour. It was original but not stand outish.

It wasn't the red of the fight club jacket ... and had lovely dark graining in it ... If you've seen Loak 771 shoes in burgundy it's very similar to that ...... as I say, I like it and it made a great change from black or brown.

Haven't seen the new stuff in the flesh .. my reference is jackets from the previous regime.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It is lovely, Rob. Why haven't you worn it? As regards the pinky-purple thing, it was a trade-in I saw at Aero the first time I went to Gala. Was quite struck by how light it was - not awful but not to my taste. I agree that cordovan is more a brown/ruddy base to cherry's red/burgundy.

robrinay

One Too Many
Sadly it was too big so I've arranged a trade in with Rachel at Aero. I don't know if they've sold it yet but should anyone be interested it's a 46".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL