Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone had Vanson experience with eBay seller toys_of_japan?

Andrew Putnam

Familiar Face
As above- Anyone had Vanson experience with eBay seller toys_of_japan?

They seem to sell used Vanson stuff at twice the price you'd buy it and get it delivered new direct from Vanson. Plus they haven't replied to any messages I've sent regarding offers on prices.

Maybe they just charge double hoping people who don't care will just pay. In any event I find them rather strange... just wondering if they are worth persevering with or have other Vanson fans had similar experiences?

Thanks,

Andy

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They seem to sell used Vanson stuff at twice the price you'd buy it and get it delivered new direct from Vanson. Plus they haven't replied to any messages I've sent regarding offers on prices.
Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not particularly careful nor smart with my money. Having said that I will also say that a seller who is charging twice as much as other sellers is not going to get any business from me.
I’m not sure I completely understand your post though, are the jackets new or used?

Kubatu

A-List Customer
As above- Anyone had Vanson experience with eBay seller toys_of_japan?

Maybe they just charge double hoping people who don't care will just pay. In any event I find them rather strange... just wondering if they are worth persevering with or have other Vanson fans had similar experiences?

Thanks,

Andy

That account is a Japanese proxy seller. They are directly listing items from the Japanese used market onto eBay at very high prices. The reason they don’t respond to most questions is because they don’t actually own the item, they’re just copying everything from the original listing in Japan. See this post / thread for a bit more detail.

Andrew Putnam

Familiar Face
Thanks very much for taking the time to explain that to me. I would have thought eBay would be a bit stricter on that sort of thing...but then again... maybe not. I suppose also ,they can't monitor everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot