Anyone had Vanson experience with eBay seller toys_of_japan?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Andrew Putnam, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Andrew Putnam

Andrew Putnam Familiar Face

As above- Anyone had Vanson experience with eBay seller toys_of_japan?

They seem to sell used Vanson stuff at twice the price you'd buy it and get it delivered new direct from Vanson. Plus they haven't replied to any messages I've sent regarding offers on prices.

Maybe they just charge double hoping people who don't care will just pay. In any event I find them rather strange... just wondering if they are worth persevering with or have other Vanson fans had similar experiences?

Thanks,

Andy

2. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not particularly careful nor smart with my money. Having said that I will also say that a seller who is charging twice as much as other sellers is not going to get any business from me.
    I’m not sure I completely understand your post though, are the jackets new or used?

sweetfights likes this.
  3. Kubatu

Kubatu A-List Customer

That account is a Japanese proxy seller. They are directly listing items from the Japanese used market onto eBay at very high prices. The reason they don’t respond to most questions is because they don’t actually own the item, they’re just copying everything from the original listing in Japan. See this post / thread for a bit more detail.

Al 916, El Marro, Monitor and 2 others like this.
  4. Andrew Putnam

Andrew Putnam Familiar Face

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain that to me. I would have thought eBay would be a bit stricter on that sort of thing...but then again... maybe not. I suppose also ,they can't monitor everything.