Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have a Disney Hat?

shamus

Suspended
I was going through all my hats and realized one was a Disney... Not micky mouse, just Disney. An Oxford, quite lovely and dashing if I say so myself.

Just seeing.. I don't believe it's a standard maker... but what do I know...

Shamus

hatflick1

Practically Family
Mr. Disney, please

Indeed, I have a fedora in my collection, a Mr. Disney, founded 1855. It's a great vintage, broad brimmed hat. Disney Hatmakers, N.Y. Sold by Al Imhoff, Seattle. Hope this helps.

shamus

Suspended
thanks!

I have quite a few hats so I think I'll actually go through.. see what I have and maybe take a few pics.. I have most of my grandfathers hats which by pure luck is my size.. 7 3/8. Others I pick up at various places.... Tough to find my size though...

Shamus

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I have one, and the felt is gloriously soft to the touch. I have it mainly for looks around the house and don't wear it. But it's definitely a nice felt.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
I had to contain myself when I read the title of this thread. Sadly when people say "Disney Hats," the knee-jerk reaction is to assume it's the cheap knock-offs that they sell now made by Dorfman.

Any chance we can see some pics? I want to devote a section to vintage felt and yours would be a good place to start.

Interestingly, I am wearing my Disney felt today. Yes, everyone thinks it is in some way affiliated with Disney aka Walt but it is not. Before Walt there were Disney hats. They were nice hats too. I don't have my camera handy but I will see what I can do when I am at home later.

Regards to all,

J

shamus

Suspended
here's a few pics of one I have.

It's an Oxford, size 7 3/8.

It's a little darker than the pictures show it...

Oh, and the pics are hugeShamus

disney1.JPG

disney2.JPG

disney3.JPG

disney4.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails