Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know anything about this hatmaker Daquino?

H.D.

New in Town
Being new to Fedora Lounge; one day to be exact, I was wandering about and saw this little thread.
Having a number of newer hats, (not caps), from Stetson, Akubra and D'Aquino, I could not help but comment. Forgive my boldness ( I have my looming baldness). I have two Homburgs, a blue and a black from this Lisbon shop and must say both are fine lids (see pics). These hats are beautiful medium heavy European rabbit fur, beautifully blocked and bashed. Fit and finish is perfect, exactly as "custom" ordered. Luisa was fantastic to work with; I received them as ordered, nicely and safely boxed, in Colorado from Portugal in roughly 12 days from order. $98 bucks a hat - that don't happen here! These hats are really top drawer as received(7/20). I have been out of circulation traveling and then spinal surgery for the past year +, and, went to order a wine cattleman/open road look today and found, to my chagrin, that they were not currently selling on Etsy. When they do again, I will. They are definitely worth scoping out.

Attachments

• 20220420_172044.jpg
    20220420_172044.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 20220420_172102.jpg
    20220420_172102.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 44
  • 20220420_172528.jpg
    20220420_172528.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 46
  • 20220420_172548.jpg
    20220420_172548.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
I purchased two from Ms. Luisa several years ago; hers were my first "customs" when I first got bit by this bug. I still have them, though they've both been torn down and rebuilt since.

Good to hear she's still getting them out the door.

Being new to Fedora Lounge; one day to be exact, I was wandering about and saw this little thread.
Having a number of newer hats, (not caps), from Stetson, Akubra and D'Aquino, I could not help but comment. Forgive my boldness ( I have my looming baldness). I have two Homburgs, a blue and a black from this Lisbon shop and must say both are fine lids (see pics). These hats are beautiful medium heavy European rabbit fur, beautifully blocked and bashed. Fit and finish is perfect, exactly as "custom" ordered. Luisa was fantastic to work with; I received them as ordered, nicely and safely boxed, in Colorado from Portugal in roughly 12 days from order. $98 bucks a hat - that don't happen here! These hats are really top drawer as received(7/20). I have been out of circulation traveling and then spinal surgery for the past year +, and, went to order a wine cattleman/open road look today and found, to my chagrin, that they were not currently selling on Etsy. When they do again, I will. They are definitely worth scoping out.

They were among my fist custom hats too. I have since moved on to other hatters but I know she has her fans. I’ve sold off the couple hats I bought from her, but it was all part of my hat education. I agree that her prices were hard to beat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner