Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone own a J. Peterman Cavalry Twill Coat?

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
To say nothing of early Sears-Roebuck catalogues and the like. Trustable functionality pretty well outweighed fashion. In mens utility clothing anyways. I wonder how accurate the sketches really were when compared to what showed up at the PostO. I'll bet errors were evident in some cases. Folks likely didn't mind too much.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting jacket.
I don't get a good idea of size/fit, though.
Could those who have the jacket give guesses as to how the
sizes of the jacket map to standard jacket sizes?

Sounds like they run large. I'd normally be inclined to get the XXL
and usually I wear a 50 jacket. But I'm thinking XL might be fine
for this jacket. I don't mind having the sleeves shortened.

Any guesses?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Well, the jacket finally arrived! No thanks to UPS. The jacket is in fine condition, no damages, but the box & hanger that it came with looked like they played tackle football with them and then drop kicked it into the back of the truck.

The jacket is a near perfect fit for me. The sleeves need about 1" taken off (good thing I have orangutan arms), & I might have it tapered about 2" at the bottom around the hips. Other than that, it's a keeper. The fabric is a light weight cavalry twill. I would akin it to maybe the Wested Indy trousers, but in grey of course, so the suit material assessment would be correct for the weight & feel. This is a good everyday jacket for a day out or an evening out. It has a nice look to it without it being a blazer or suit coat. There is enough space to put a sweater under it for a warming layer, but I would call this one a Spring, Fall, maybe Summer jacket. A cool day or evening jacket. If anything you could always add a topcoat on top and a ice sweater or flannel shirt under it for a cold day as a layer.
Again, for me it's a keeper. The arm holes are high enough for me that the jacket doesn't fly about when I raise my arms. The alterations I mentioned above could happen at a later date as they are not that critical. For me, this is a nice off the rack jacket worth the reduced price I paid, I wouldn't have gone for this at it's original price.
Sizing wise, I wear a 46 in a blazer & this fits like that. I went back and forth on the sizing of a L or XL while looking at their chart, but I knew from past purchases that their stuff runs large, especially around the middle. This one wasn't as large around the middle as most.

I will post pics maybe tomorrow, a little busy this afternoon for pics, but I wanted to get my thoughts of this jacket down.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Ok, so here are the pics of the Cavalry Twill jacket.
100_6406.jpg
100_6405.jpg

Like I said previously, the sleeves need to be taken up an inch but other than that it's a keeper for me. It could make a nice mid level layer in colder weather and it's not too ill fitting that some minor alterations couldn't fix.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Well we had a cooler day yesterday and the Cavalry Twill came out for it. I'd have to say that is did the trick perfectly. I quite happy with this purchase.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran