Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone own the Spidi Vintage Leather Jacket?

Suburban Dad

New in Town
I'm curious about this jacket. Seems like a good pick for an armored leather riding jacket. How's the fit, do you like the style?

spidi.png

Edward

Bartender
Never tried that one directly myself, but Spidi have a good reputation for mid-price motorcycle gear here in the UK. A touch modern for my personal tastes (bar the odd foray with the '77 Revolution, I'm strictly only intersted in men's clothing styles pre c.1960); I'm keen on the GoldTop range when it comes to dedicated motorcycle wear. http://www.goldtop.co.uk

Edward

Bartender
I've been biking my whole life and have never seen or heard of GoldTop gear before. But after opening your link I find myself with some new cravings. Very nice looking jackets!

Easy one to miss over there. Goldtop were one of the many names on the British scene at the height of the UK motorcycling boom back when. Never as big as Lewis quite, but fondly remembered all the same. Many UK police bikers wore goldtop boots at one time or another. The name and range have been revived by new people in recent years. I believe, much like the revived Mascot, the initial idea was to provide British style jackets for those who would like something akin to a Lewis but want to spend less money. As the boom in retro-style motorcycling gear has increased, however, they obviously saw the gap in the market for providing retro style gear with modern protection. It's definitely a nice range of stuff. I'd love to see a jacket made out of the green leather some of their gloves are available in.

SinSir

A-List Customer
Goldtop is some nice stuff for what it is. Jackets aren't made in England but for the price point and quality not a deal breaker by any means. Measurements listed are pretty accurate too. Urbanrider has more info.

Spidi has a good rep as well. I had a buffalo jacket that I was unimpressed by but still look at a few of their models.

I'm also partial to roland sands, I still have a handful RSD jackets. They typically run a little big.

Dainese is a winner too but been a bit since they were made in Italy. The 72 line is great for on and off the bike. Non power ranger stuff. One of my favorite jackets. Sizing is typically slim.

One last is revit, really nice stuff and some of the recent lines are great dual purpose. I use the overshirts all the time. Sizing can be tricky sometimes. One jacket i wear smaller than normal but others are too tight at size.

stmike

One of the Regulars
Dainese is a winner too but been a bit since they were made in Italy. The 72 line is great for on and off the bike. Non power ranger stuff. One of my favorite jackets. Sizing is typically slim.
Yes, I've been liking the Settandue 72 line, and am planning to take a ride to the newish Dainese store in Santa Monica to see it and try it on.

SinSir

A-List Customer
Yes, I've been liking the Settandue 72 line, and am planning to take a ride to the newish Dainese store in Santa Monica to see it and try it on.
We have one in Chicago. Worth a visit for sure. Free espresso too! The do get togethers at ours for a race sometimes with food, and drink.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Might as well throw in a shoutout for the mighty V7 jacket, Vanson's collaboration with my buddy, Chris' Brooklyn shop, UnionGarageNYC. Solid Vanson leather, D3O amor pads, understated cafe style and rider-specific tweaks. Superb riding leather jacket. Check 'em out. Run a search on this forum as well, I did a bit of review some time ago with bunch of pics.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Have a look at Richa too, following @barnabus 's advice i picked up this Richa Daytona last year for £49 new.
It came will full D3o armour set, is decently made and feels very good on the bike.
(very high tight armpits, so very little drag/sail effect)

uQeHZYm.jpg

0MQmQHD.jpg

SinSir

A-List Customer
Have a look at Richa too, following @barnabus 's advice i picked up this Richa Daytona last year for £49 new.
It came will full D3o armour set, is decently made and feels very good on the bike.
(very high tight armpits, so very little drag/sail effect)

uQeHZYm.jpg

0MQmQHD.jpg

Good mention. I've always been curious about their gear but zeto first hand experience with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR