Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone ride motorcycles?

Edward

Bartender
DD, is that black jacket the rare model that had those rear pockets affixed, or are they the bumflap arrangement? Looks good, either way. Always surprised me that Barbour don't produce one of these with built in kevlar panels, would surely sell well these days (maybe they do and I missed it?).

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
Hi Edward. Long time no speak ! I hope you're well ?

No, not the rare model 75th Anniversary Special Edition. This is a normal International. I just sent it off to Barbour and got them to add two lower bellows pockets to the rear as was a common mod' back in the day. Can't do it on my MoD issue ones as they are made of the old wax cotton material rather than the new stuff (which i recommend as you can wear it in your car and no wax comes off onto anything else ...) .

The trousers are becoming scarce as Barbour stopped making them when the MoD switched to nylon clothing for their DR's a good few years ago now. Also, as bikes have gotten higher and we have gotten bigger, you really need at least two sizes bigger than your trouser size to be able to cock your leg over a bike like my Beamer.

Regarding one that has armour. There was a model called the Berliner - which was made for only a brief period - it had pockets for internal armour as Belstaff do. They come up on ebay infrequently. Although i do have a BMW goretex suit which has armour, I generally am happy not to wear it whilst biking and use it rarely in the suit that does have it.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
I like the flat caps that were actually crash helmets too. There was even one that was a deerstalker so you could look like Sherlock Holmes !

IXL

One Too Many
I never knew this style of hat was referred to as a deerstalker. If I keep hanging around here I might end up all edumacated!!

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Well I have lots of gear for riding but I have to say the FXHG Harley gear is pretty good for long trips. The leather is comfortable and waterproof and if I need to wear heat I just take out the liner and put in the heat. The pads fit and don't bother you over the long haul. I have a couple of other jackets for light cruising and day trips like a Lost Worlds Trojan and a Vanson (for patches) but for long trips I really like the Harley gear.

Anyone else going to Daytona this year?

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
batman.jpg

Screw The Bat Man. Two can play this game.

Last edited:

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
ultimate.jpg

There is a place where ancient magic saves your hide . . . every time modern technology fails you.

Fancy Italian motorbike with all the latest whistles and bells?

Cool.

How about a chunk of horse hide to keep you dry, keep you safe, and keep you from walking out of the bar alone. Does your Duc have a "loveseat" on back, with an extra helmet, to take your new friend home with you?

No? Too bad. You loose.

triumph11.jpg

And Triumph wins.

aero-logo.png

Aero of Scotland. Because the right motorcycle jacket can save more than just your life.

Disclaimer: Sorry, I used to work in the advertising industry in NYC. Could not resist composing a bit of ad copy for old time's sake.

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
This is a topic that I can get right into .
I own three bikes
(1) 1978 honda 750 keyster, restored

(2) 1998 -1200cc stock harley davidson sportster

(3) 2006 harley davidson road king classic.

All the Best , Fashion Frank

This is a topic that I can get right into .
I own three bikes
(1) 1978 honda 750 keyster, restored

(2) 1998 -1200cc stock harley davidson sportster

(3) 2006 harley davidson road king classic.

Don't have the Sporty but my wife does = 2012 883 Super Low, she's only 5' 1"
Have a 1979 CB750 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition, unrestored but nice condition, & 2000 RKC.....

fashion frank

One Too Many
Don't have the Sporty but my wife does = 2012 883 Super Low, she's only 5' 1"
Have a 1979 CB750 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition, unrestored but nice condition, & 2000 RKC.....

Hello GTdean48 , I see your from GA. I grew up in Marietta ,my two sisters live out in Dallas GA. and my brother lives out near buckhead.

Yea your right about the 883 they made them for short people.

scooter

Practically Family
My niece, Sunny, and I on my Stratoliner at 70 mph near Payson, AZ.

IMG_0706.JPG

My beloved and I on the bike in Payson, AZ.

IMG_0719.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy