Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone use pearl stick pins on their fedoras?

I bought a coupla-three lots of vintage pearl (well, faux pearl) hatpins online and have used them on a few hats for customers. (They're cheap when you buy 'em by the bunch.) I stick them through the ribbon only (never the felt), behind the outer fold of the bow knot, so that the puncture won't show if and when the pin is removed.

Some of those pins are three-plus inches long, and the shafts are fairly hefty, so I can see how they might have been used for added emphasis during personal disputes.

Ive seen those used in Cat-Fights many moons ago....

Yes, those are always entertaining.

I recall such an event in a Chinese restaurant late one night several years ago. Neither combatant was a native English speaker, but neither had any difficulty whatsoever pronouncing those monosyllabic words in our mother tongue used to disparage women. You know, the B, C, S, and W words, among others.

Moo goo gai pan filled the air. Some made it as far as my table.

On account of the language barrier, I had no clear understanding of just what the argument was about, although my dining companions and I figured it had something to do with a man. Some things are universal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy