Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apparel Arts - March, 1942

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That's about it. I omitted a few pages, like the index of advertisers and the like.

If you've enjoyed these, consider subscribing. It's only $12 for 24 issues - three years worth! ;)

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
We need a new, permanent thread around here called FEDORA LOUNGE HEROES -- because you, Lefty, have just become one and should be recognized as such. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The amount of time and effort this took ... it boggles the mind. Thank you so very much! This is wonderful!

Feraud

Bartender
There is a thread around here somewhere about couples who dress alike. Most people hate it. I wonder if they feel the same way about the vintage version..
Lefty said:

Another thank you to Left for taking the time to post this information.
This is one of those threads I think about when we talk about the Fedora Lounge as a resource.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I learned it from watching you. :)
Thank you.

Marc Chevalier said:
We need a new, permanent thread around here called FEDORA LOUNGE HEROES -- because you, Lefty, have just become one and should be recognized as such. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The amount of time and effort this took ... it boggles the mind. Thank you so very much! This is wonderful!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Lefty! With posts such as this it seems the FL is returning to its roots. Wonderful.

Cheers!

edit: that "Gripper" fastener ad is a great reference for dating.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
And with threads such as yours, as well. As far as I'm concerned, Thunder, you're another "Fedora Lounge hero." :eusa_clap

Well said, Marc and Thunder. All too often we don't appreciate the work and dedication it takes to share treasures like these.

From here on out, if anyone were to ask me what my style in clothing is; I'll just show them this scan:
DSC_0303.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Sorry about this folks. Does anyone know if these will reappear when I get more bandwidth in April?
edit: they should be back up on March 23rd if I properly understand the photobucket faq.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
He's wearing my clothes! But my jacket doesn't have attention to detail like that lapel alignment.

Marc Chevalier said:

Incidentally, speaking of lapel alignment, some time ago I bought a DB 3-piece Hart, Schaffner and Marx suit from Mark Chevalier. It is in a dark blue wool serge with a very fine dove grey thread woven into it. A truly lovely suit in immaculate condition and my favourite!

I was wearing it on a train last Friday, and noticed a well-dressed old-ish man examining me carefully. We rose to alight at the same station, and he suddenly said (in, I think, a rather accusatory tone). 'Did you know that the stripes on your lapels go in different directions?'. I hadn't noticed and it isn't immediately obvious even at close quarters. That man's attention to detail must have been incredible!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider