Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Appreciation post nr. ???

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Didn't exactly know where to post this, but since is the subsection I check out the most I feel like this is where I reach the most amount of people I relate to.

Just wanted to say this community is absolutely awesome. I've been a member for about 8 years now, I was a teenager at that time, and I still see familiar faces nowadays.

I find it very precious that we are this gang of renegades with a hobby and passion that may seem odd to the outside world, yet we all manage to find kinship among one another while we're on opposite sides of the world.

Each and everyone one of the members on this forum treats one another with a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation, and (I hope I'm not speaking for myself here) is able to find a degree of recognition and constance in our ever changing world that I have yet to see anywhere else.

Long story short, you all rock. Keep on keeping on, and thank you.

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Didn't exactly know where to post this, but since is the subsection I check out the most I feel like this is where I reach the most amount of people I relate to.

Just wanted to say this community is absolutely awesome. I've been a member for about 8 years now, I was a teenager at that time, and I still see familiar faces nowadays.

I find it very precious that we are this gang of renegades with a hobby and passion that may seem odd to the outside world, yet we all manage to find kinship among one another while we're on opposite sides of the world.

Each and everyone one of the members on this forum treats one another with a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation, and (I hope I'm not speaking for myself here) is able to find a degree of recognition and constance in our ever changing world that I have yet to see anywhere else.

Long story short, you all rock. Keep on keeping on, and thank you.

Thanks Mendel, it's true this is a great community and such a relief from most of the rest of "cyber-world."

I didn't have any such support as a teen/college student/young adult with regard to hats, jackets, boots, etc. Most people in my small rural community of origin thought anything like this was not approprate and they could not understand. It goes, for a good percentage of us at least, toward something deeper - actual friendships that have developed over time. It is why this hobby involves a lot more for me than just "black and white" - objective ideas. There is always more to life than that! :)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
in the era of social media and discord or any other fast sharing today gone tomorrow, it is amazing an archaic form of internet public space like a forum could exist today with daily traffic and enthusiasm, I m also a member of a gaming forum that is now a graveyard since most of the members have since moved to Discord platform, same with local raw denim forum that moved to Discord , I never feel at home on Discord it feel as strange as Reddit or even worse, so I hope this forum would stay in this format for years to come.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
golden-girls-group-hug.gif

Coriu

One Too Many
Even though I have communicated globally for business via email and text for many years, there is something mindblowing to me about communicating with people from another country on a forum like this. When I was a child, I craved to learn about the world and talk to others, but there was no chance of that. International, lost distance calls cost a fortune.

It is amazing to me that something as simple as a leather jacket can bring people together. In a way, we are cheering each other on in our quests, which is something magical in a world where so many seek to bring others down. Thank you to everyone on here for making this such a wonderful place.

Last edited:

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I remember the meet up in Monteagle, TN. I am not sure what year, I think about 12 years ago.

These photos were taken with a large format camera from the early 1900's by one of the guys in the group. I didn't bother taking them off the yellow wall hence the tint.

I would add Mendel Boaz posted a fantastic two tone J106 that I believe spurred Ken to make more two toned versions.

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.JPG

Last edited:

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Cool location for a meet up! I can totally sense the vibe there, great picture as well.

I'd feel honored if my kickass J106 got more people inspired to get a two-tone of their own.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, a nice and friendly place here. Especially because all other topics away from the hobby are left out. No politics, religion or other social topics. This, in connection with the appreciative contact of the members results in a place that is very rare to find on the Internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB