Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are there 36 people interested in a Federation in blue??

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Yesterday I dropped a message to (Hatsdirect) asking about the chance of an Akubra Federation in blue, and got the following response:

"Unfortunately, we are [not] able to get the Akubra Federation in blue. The only way to do this would be to order a minimum of 36 hats in the colour. We haven't had any requests for a Federation in Blue before."

Anyone else out there interested? Perhaps if we get enough takers...

Anthony.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Just a heads up:

Members here have approached Akubra/Hats Direct about creating runs of this or that hat style in different colors and/or felts before. Although this may have changed, we found the same as you - about 36 hats are needed to make a special run... in each size. So unless you have 36 chaps here who are all the same size as you....

schanop

New in Town
Anthony and others,

Please count me in. I have much interest in trying to get a nice dark blue or navy fedora (The federation would be nice). Any way, this weekend, I will be having my four-days' vacation in Blue mountain. So I hope to cath up with Ron sometime.

Cheers, Chanop.

dzacca

New in Town
I'd be interested if it'd be a dark blue.
I still haven't any blue fedora, and I'm quite happy with my brown Fed DL so I'd definitely buy a blue one.

Edward

Bartender
Cashflow is limited at the minute, but I do have a birthday coming up.... if there was available a Fed in midnight blue in a size 57, I'd most definitely be interested.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Thanks to all; in view of Scotrace's wise comments, can I suggest that anyone interested drops a line to Hatsdirect directly with the sort of thing they would be after - you should be able to use the click-through link in my first post for this - and we'll see if it flies? I'll be doing so myself shortly having posed the initial question.

Anthony.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Or put up a poll, with a matrix of crown height, brim width, kind of taper, hat colour, hatband colour, hatband width, maybe materials, and certainly size. If you use the forum's poll function, you'd have to do that all in one long list, but that's just a cosmetic thing.

I'm afraid you'd have to offer dozens or hundreds of options in the poll, with most getting zero votes, and maybe one or two getting three votes, not 36. It would be for serious buying intentions only - hard to gauge, but if they'd have left some after all, I suppose they'd be able to sell them off before long and without a loss.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
Just a heads up:

So unless you have 36 chaps here who are all the same size as you....

I thought that was obvious from the number of Lounge Lizards around here with size 7 1/4 melons who sell hats.... :p :p :D :D

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
hatflick1, That Biltmore Eleganza is one beautiful lid! Have you posted a picture of it, on your head? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

hatflick1

Practically Family
Yes, the Eleganza is a beautiful fedora, and I have received a lot of compliments when I have worn it around town. My only criticism is the raw edge. I happen to like bound brims.
But, no, I have no pix to post of it on my head. Sorry.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Jimmy, is that custom or vintage?? Deep midnight blue fedora's are rare but they do come up occasionally on ebay. Light blueish gray are also rare and often command a high price. I had Art make me one in his Midnight blue felt, it's gorgeous. I'd be curious to see what color of blue Akubra would offer if there were enough interest.

Here's a pic of Art's Midnight Blue. If Akubra could match this, I think they would sell like hotcakes.

IMG_20060703_0001_7_r1.jpg

fedoralover

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
fedoralover said:
Jimmy, is that custom or vintage??

Actually, the "blue" is a product of Photoshop...:eek:

In another thread, deanglen had referred to the lid on the "Fedora Lounge Logo Guy." It struck me that the silhouette of my Stetson Playboy was actually a pretty close match, but it needed a little midnight ambience...;)

BTW, fedoralover, that lid of yours looks fantastic, and you wear it well! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
:eek:fftopic:

fedoralover said:
Light blueish gray are also rare and often command a high price.

I've been lucky enough to acquire two light blue lids, a Whippet and an Open Road. They really are beautiful. I think I may have just scored another -- a Stetson 3X Beaver. The Seller described it as "light gray," but it appears to match my light blue OR. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...;)

Cheers,
JtL

Edward

Bartender
Fedoralover's midnight is exactly what I had in mind. I'd love one of art's custom hats, but for the foreseeable an Akubra is what's realistic for my lid budget. A Fed or Fed Deluxe in midnight would be a great hat.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
:eek:fftopic:

I've been lucky enough to acquire two light blue lids, a Whippet and an Open Road. They really are beautiful. I think I may have just scored another -- a Stetson 3X Beaver. The Seller described it as "light gray," but it appears to match my light blue OR. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...;)

Cheers,
JtL

Other than Art's custom Midnight blue, this Mallory 20 is the only other light blue hat I have. It's hard to photograph, but I think you can slightly see it in this pic. It's like a dove gray with a light tint of blue.

IMG_20070114_0001.jpg

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou