Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aroma of Aero FQHH

frussell

One Too Many
+1 on the RM Williams. I'm in between cans, trying to use up my Pecards so I can get back to the saddle dressing. Much less greasy, doesn't darken as much, even smells good. Better than colons anyway. Frank

frussell

One Too Many
HD - not much on jackets, but I still ride occasionally, so saddles, chinks, many pairs of boots, belts, saddlebags, etc. I've got knife cases and holsters as well that are hand-stitched (by me, when I made lots of leather gear) and have lasted 20 years with hard wear and no rotted stitches or pulled seams because all they've ever been treated with is the R.M. Williams dressing. Not to mention an 1880s saddle that's only been treated with R.M. Williams for the last few decades, and still feels like a modern, supple, usable piece of tack. It's good stuff. Pecards is fine, I know it's the favorite around here, but for me it doesn't quite measure up to my old favorite. Frank.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just communicated with Ken the man himself, his only warning is don't use Dubbin Saddle Soap. Montana Pitch has pitch in it, which is anti-bacterial, and the mink oil in it is pure, high quality stuff. Leatherique is good too but doesn't contain a natural anti-bacterial (does it?), but if you are worried about the conditioner gets rancid in itself, then i guess don't use any conditioner.

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
There's two of us anyway--I look forward to the time when the aroma of new leather jackets dies down ( i.e. horse or steer jackets ---my goat one is nowhere near as powerful - which seems strange considering how those creatures pong ) . It can definitely get a bit much breathing in such smells for hours on end.

Last edited:

regius

Can anyone post a picture of Leatherique? I bought some from Amazon it arrvied, i don'tknow if it's the right stuff.
leatherique_zps60eb5482.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

regius

Handymike, just as I'm about to die from exhaustion of zeroing in on the right product, you popped up yet a new one, the last straw....

regius

If Ken once recommended Leatherique, I'll use Leatherique. It's advertised for softening leather, and contains good ingredients. As long as my posted picture depict the right product, i'll use it. I'm following someone's advice here, hot water treat the Aero, when dry, use Leatherique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland