Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett makes more than just hats!

I have something very similar that I had my wife's grandfather make for my Fed IV. they work great, the problem I run into is that after the hat is off the block for a while, it shrinks back down and it's a little bit of a tugging match to get it back in the crown. it works much better than a "hat jack" because it keeps the oval proportions the same. too bad there's not a way to "split it" and put some little lever in it, so you can just drop it in and pull the lever and expand it to the custom size.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
One of my favorite things about these blocks is how your hat smells afterward, since the blocks are made from cedar.

Big Fella

Familiar Face
Thanks for the heads up on this product. I contacted Art immediately and the hat block showed up three days later. I've been using it nonstop. Put it in some factory hats that fit OK. Now they are wonderful. If you are debating about getting a hat block-go for it!!

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
not so much a hat block in the hat making sense, but a hat block in the hat jack sense.

I'm ordering one as a maintenance tool, an accessory, and a moth replant (cedar).

To me its one less eBay hat I don't buy worth of money, to purchase a thing that will be useable with all my other hats. (...and I now have my specs on file with Art so when the time comes to order my first VS, he will be ready!)

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
I got my custom block in the mail this afternoon! Well made, and good smelling its already at work opening up the shrunken sweat on my Resistol straw.

Thanks Art!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80