Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

WEEGEE

Practically Family
New to the Hall of Fame

The "Route 66" limited edition co-authored by Art and analogist.

An edition of of 9 hats with state pins (8 states and the prototype master "Route 66" ) (Illinois , Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico , Arizona and California)

California has my name in it...can't wait.

122_2225.jpg

1953_chevy_yellow.jpg

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Art Fawcett said:
I would say Yes to your question but my skills are still limited to the fedora/homburg family of hats. No bowlers, tophats, caps here.

:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: I should have been more specific. Sorry Art, that is what I meant. I am just used to typing "hat" on ebay to widen my searches. Thank you for the clarification.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WEEGEE said:
The "Route 66" limited edition co-authored by Art and analogist.

Outstanding design.

I'd order one right away, but then I'd have to track
down and kill the owners of the other hats so I could
have the set...

WEEGEE

Practically Family
i would lend

feltfan,

I might let you borrow the "66" California to take a weekend cruise from LA/Santa Monica over the Cajon Pass into the Mojave on route to the state line... but you have to promise not to strech it .lol

regards,

WeeGee at 7 3/8

analogist

One of the Regulars
Hall of Fame

As a few of you might know, I own more than a few VS Custom Hats. My local bank manager has even suggested I add Art as a signatory to my account so that I could at least save the cost of the stamp and envelope.

Route 66 is extra special. I proudly admit to the collaboration of the design of this hat and I have one with the road badge of just Route 66 with no state designation. I believe my friend WEEGEE is getting California.

Lincsong, you have a very special hat and its design was inspired by a thread here as to who should hats be designed after in addition to those in the entertainment world. My hat in this style is navy blue with a vintage silver belly ribbon. Its design was an homage to Raymond Loewy, perhaps along with Harley Earle are IMHO the two top American industrial designers.
It is named Studebaker after Loewy's design of the car. He is also known for the design of the Coke bottle, and with Art's supply of dark moss felt, perhaps another design has been germinated.

Art's latest design is Cascade, totally different from anything else he has done. Since I am a technodunce, I am sure WEEGEE will post it as soon
he gets the image .

I must admit I love the collaborations with Art because it brings out a talent I never new I had. The second part that makes it so much fun is being able spend so much time brainstorming with him. The third part is the perfect hat produced in Art's workshop.

I could not decide which hat style is the best Art has made because he is so darn good at what he does that just about everything is really special. His ability to match the style to the client is just right on target.

analogist

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
I am the proud owner of a recently-arrived stingy Bourbon Street in deep dark blue, 1 7/8" brim instead of 2 7/8". I think the next one I get will be a telescope like Lincsong's.

art.jpg

art2.jpg

Blackhorse

One of the Regulars
I hope Art gets some of these new customs up on his website (Build a fire under that guy in New York, Art!).

How can we order 'em if we can't see 'em and don't even know they exist!

Oh, the humanity!

Barry

Practically Family
Here is my latest hat. It's Silver Mist with a blue ribbon - I like the touch on the bow. This hat is very similar to the one that was displayed on Art's shelf.

silvermist1.gif

silvermist2.gif

Barry

tm3

Familiar Face
barry, great hat! i love the color.

what is the brim width?

is that any particular "style," e.g. like the howard hughes, etc.?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Barry -- Great hat! Nice colors on hat and ribbon. And you look great in it.

This looks quite close to the one Art made for me, which is a Manhattan in a Silvermist color. I have a light ribbon on mine, as I feel it looks a bit more feminine. Also my crown is a but lower and less taper to fit my rounded face.

Art's hats are just so grand!

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk