Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

artists with hats

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Auguste Rodin (1840-1917)

5510dc01.jpg

azshawn

Familiar Face
I thought for sure that the Cindy Sherman hat would be on the side of the road in distress? Anyway...heres Picasso:
picassoinahat.jpg

Supposedly the gun was a gift from Gary Cooper?

Close-up:
picassoinahat2.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
Good old Pablo. Jonathan Richman said it best. "He was only five foot three, girls could not resist his stare. Pablo Picasso was never called an @@@hole." That last photo is a good example of aforementioned stare.

azshawn

Familiar Face
Good old Pablo. Jonathan Richman said it best. "He was only five foot three, girls could not resist his stare. Pablo Picasso was never called an @@@hole." That last photo is a good example of aforementioned stare.
Yeah, that is a great quote about Picasso. Picasso and Rothko are two of my favorites.

Nik Taylor

One of the Regulars
Our Dali Bread
Spanish surrealist artist Salvador Dali (1904 - 1989) wears a hat shaped like a loaf of bread on his head, 5th November 1958. (Photo by Keystone/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

79467066.jpg

Dali often wore this traditional Catalonian hat. Popular among Catalan artists, fishermen and shepherds, it is a symbol of Catalan folklore. Made of wool.

50473788.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Our Dali Bread
Spanish surrealist artist Salvador Dali (1904 - 1989) wears a hat shaped like a loaf of bread on his head, 5th November 1958. (Photo by Keystone/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

79467066.jpg

Dali often wore this traditional Catalonian hat. Popular among Catalan artists, fishermen and shepherds, it is a symbol of Catalan folklore. Made of wool.

50473788.jpg

For crying out loud.
The man has a pastry on his head, artist or not!

Chinaski

One Too Many
Yeah, that is a great quote about Picasso. Picasso and Rothko are two of my favorites.

azshawn, frussell quoted a Modern Lovers song. The song, and all the Modern Lovers songs for that matter, are worth finding and hearing. Be that as it may, I really like Rothko as well.

frussell

One Too Many
Burning Sensations had a nice version of "Pablo Picasso" on the Repo Man soundtrack back in the 80s. Very sarcastic, right up my alley. I do love all of Jonathan Richman's work, although my favorite album of his is not available for reasonable prices on CD. I had to search for one of those weird zipped album downloads, but worth it to hear "I'm about Seventeen," "Neon Sign," and my favorite Modern Lovers song "Double Chocolate Malted." No nuts, no nuts. Here's my contribution, other than smart remarks. Diego Rivera, with Frida. Unfortunately, my favorite artist Jose G. Posada doesn't seem to have ever taken any photos. Diego was rocking the wide brim. Frank
modotti_may_day.jpg
[/IMG]
Diego-and-Frida.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner