Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art's getting close

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Guys, you have no idea how far out it is. No kidding, I even saw a Camel on the way there. I've lived in Oregon since the mid 50s and that's the first time I ever saw a Camel outside of a zoo. No it wasn't a llama or Alpaca we got plenty of those. This was a bona fide Camel, maybe that's how they deliver the mail out there.

fedoralover

MKL

A-List Customer
Fedoralover,

We even have a few out here in Kansas. I was driving west on 70 and a few miles before the Army base at Ft. Riley, and sure enough, there was a herd (is that what you call a bunch of camels?) of camels. There were camels to the left of me and camels to the right of me. :) Maybe they were an Oregon breed. :)

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
fedoralover said:
Guys, you have no idea how far out it is. No kidding, I even saw a Camel on the way there. I've lived in Oregon since the mid 50s and that's the first time I ever saw a Camel outside of a zoo. No it wasn't a llama or Alpaca we got plenty of those. This was a bona fide Camel, maybe that's how they deliver the mail out there.

fedoralover

Thanks for the Camel pictures Fedoralover and yes they look like the wild herd we have here in Florida. ;) :) ;)

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
Camels

I remember that the two-hump camel is called Bactrian because the two humps make a B.

The one-hump camel is a Dromedary because the one hump makes a D.

My own simple mnemonic device, although the topic of how many humps a camel has seldom comes up in most social circles. ;)

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I spoke to Art and it will be a few days and his website will be back up. He said to tell the lounge members that have been waiting for him go ahead and mail your hats to him. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24