Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ashland Leather - thumbs up

One Drop

One of the Regulars
Not sure the best forum to post this but I wanted to give a little warning to others on the forums who may be considering an Ashland Leather purchase.

I purchased a wallet ($242) on the Ashland Leather website on 12/4 and it was scheduled to be delivered on 12/7 (no signature required). The wallet never arrived even though I had other deliveries that day that arrived as expected from other companies. I reached out to Ashland Leather and Matt Kalas responded saying to give it a few days that he’s seen before where UPS says something is delivered and then it comes a day later. I waited several days and no wallet. I had numerous back and forth emails with Matt and requested on 12/11 that I just be refunded.

On 12/12 I had not heard back so I ended up calling and speaking to Matt directly. I explained I was unhappy with the experience and would rather just have my money refunded at this point. Matt agreed and I thought things were settled. On 12/14 I did see a pending refund in my account but when I balanced my account this morning it was gone. I reached out to Matt over e-mail and left a message with no response. I found the original order tracking information and decided to see if there was an update to the claim Matt had filed with UPS.

To my surprise UPS now says claim closed proof of delivery, yet there is no proof of delivery because it was never delivered. So my guess is UPS decided lie and then Ashland Leather (Matt) decided to pull back the refund. Now I’m out the wallet and my money with no recourse.

A little about me, I’m an architect and I make a decent living. I have no need or desire to lie or steal a $242 wallet. I’m insulted that it’s come to this and I thought Ashland Leather was a better company than this. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. It’s no longer about the money, it’s the principle of the matter.

Hopefully I save someone else from this same non-sense.

Have you tried reaching him again after the refund was cancelled?

DavidO

New in Town
This once happened to me:the item was shown delivered, but I never received it, Turns out that Fedex left the box at my neighbor's house., so showed it delivered. Things got worse: neighbor kindly deposited the box into my mailbox, but USPS removed it as "non USA Mail" before I got my mailbox. USPS returned to FedEX, which followed up for two days and then disappeared. I ended up having the shipper make an inquiry. The seller/shipper refunded my money. I don't know if they ever received their refund from Fedex,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy