Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At the Front B-10 Jacket

Brettafett

One Too Many
I bought a Buzz Rickson B-10 in 2005. It was a good jacket, very comfy and warm, gorgeous mouton collar.
I had seen ELCs B-10s at the Airshows and IMHO I preferred them. I esp preferred the colour of ELCs knit, being the same shade as the shell and that collar profile. I am one of those who spends hours 'researching' options and looking at pics etc... before handing out cash.
So I sold the Buzz, ordered a ELC and can honestly say.... I have found the fabled 'ONE' as far as WW2 cloth repros go.
I had an inch longer on body and arms and it fits beautifully. A touch 'trimmer' jacket than the Buzz. Its made well, comfortable, warm and 'looks' correct.
I love the B-10 design and have considered another knock around' version (for walking the dog, working on the car etc).
Have looked at Aero (OK, not a knock around) and Pike Bros...
I second much of whats been said already; depends on what u r looking for... Authenticity and value = ELC.
A day to day, fun and play = whatever you can afford.
f0ac4ef7.jpg

Last edited:
The ATF B10 has real mouton,for those who don`t have the money for an Eastman or any other top of the line B10 they are just ok.No one in my circle would ever know the difference....

Brettafett

One Too Many
Brett
That is a nice B-10 perfect fit...would make a nice East Coast winter jacket...
Yeah, it handled a UK winter pretty well. Cape Town is generally a more moderate climate, but, hell, this winter were having....
Anyway, I don't get to wear it all that often.
The alpaca is very soft and luxurious ;-), the collar is fine, and although mouton, but I feel my old Buzz's collar was little softer...
Anyway, I got it in 2005, so didn't pay todays crazy prices....
I kinda like the look of Pike Bros version....

Otter

One Too Many
I am with Brettafett on this one. I have had a couple of the Aero B-10's which I have used as everyday jackets wearing them to work all the time, very comfy warm jackets. But, just as summer came, I got my hands on an Eastman B-15 Roughwear: http://www.eastmanleather.com/product_info.php?products_id=169 and I have to say it is superb. Far higher quality than the Aero, even Mrs Otter who is a Phillistine when it comes to jackets said "Oooh, that is realy nice!". All I have to do is change out the Brietling chest patch for a WWII 509th Bomb Squadron one and I am good to go.

raulm1961

New in Town
Today only at ATF you can get an N1 Navy jacket for $99.99.The sale ends tonight at midnight. I already bought a B10 from them. My wife would kill me if I bought another military jacket. But I just can't help it.I' m a nut for military jackets. I already have 3 nylon B 15's an A2 and I just purchased a G1 from ebay. The N1 at ATF looks very nice by the way.

Last edited:

raulm1961

New in Town
Ok fadetoblack I just checked their site and they only have size M B10's. I guess they ran out of all their other sizes. Just google: at the front b10 jackets. It should pop up. I hope that helps a little. PS: For some reason when you are looking for their b10 it just does not show up at all. You are right nowwhere to be found.WEIRD AND VERY STRANGE INDEED. Again just google: at the front b10 jacket and it should appear.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana