Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attempt At Moderne Design

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CharlieH. said:
DSC08995T.jpg

This shot looks like a pic taken of a full-scale site, not a model! Awesome! :eusa_clap

Is your town set in a part of Sydney? I noticed the cracks and disrepair in the street, which looks just like Sydney roads (even though we're the most overtaxed state when it comes to car registration and petroleum taxes!). lol

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind word, folks. I really appreciate it.

Benny Holiday said:
Is your town set in a part of Sydney? I noticed the cracks and disrepair in the street, which looks just like Sydney roads (even though we're the most overtaxed state when it comes to car registration and petroleum taxes!). lol

The apparent disrepair on the road is the result of being a little too lenient with visitors...

GOK

One Too Many
The Wingnut said:
...hey, Joe, whaddya know...? (very few people will understand this)

"Well Hello Joe, whaddya know
I just got back from a Vaudeville show
D-oo you sing and dance?
I-'ll take a chance..."

Not even close is it? [huh] lol

Charlie, such absolutely amazing work. I am so impressed. How long have you been working on this? It's brilliant! :D

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fletch said:
I like it because it looks the way many Moderne buildings actually look before being landmarked and gussied up - a little weatherbeaten, but natural.

Exactly what I was thinking - it looks more authentic that way...or at least what I think it looked like based on seeing a few buildings like this in the 60's and 70's when I was a kid...at which time they were already 30-40+ years old and getting run down. But I think the B&W photo's amazingly lifelike looking.

Excellent work!

marquise

Familiar Face
This is amazing, utterly realistic, and gorgeous. I love how all the structures are gently worn, dirty; real. As a historian studying vernacular American architecture & municipal deco, I'm impressed!

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Boy oh boy how much do I wish there were still pictures with this thread. I love model railroading (and streamline moderne, and urban planning, and historic pres...) and while I don't have a layout currently, between myself and my father I have far, far more HO-scale equipment in my parents' basement than I will ever be able to use. I'm going to have a mid-'40s layout one day. It will be the closest I can ever get to building the community I want to live in - unless someone gives me the capital to become a 1:1 scale developer!

I also intend to have a 1950s-style Lionel consist someday specifically to run around the Christmas tree, but that's another story.

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183