Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aveda Colour Solutions

Shearer

Practically Family
Aveda has a line of plant-based shampoos and conditioners that are designed to highlight naturally occurring hair colours or revitalize dyed hair in between salon visits.

A few weeks ago, I bought the Madder Root shampoo and conditioner that contain madder root (duh), cherry bark, and henna among other things... and I've really noticed a difference in my hair colour. It's definitely a darker red than I started with, and I could kick myself for not thinking of taking before and after pictures!

Anyway, Aveda makes a whole line of these plant-based shampoos and conditioners for black, blonde, red, brunette, and white/silver hair colours. They are pricey, but (I think) worth it.

Has anyone else used these besides me? If not, I can definitely recommend them for redheads...

jayem

A-List Customer
No, but sounds interesting. Does it add shine as well as color? My hair is in desperate need of luster.

Shearer

Practically Family
Okay, so I just found a pic of me before I started using the shampoo, and took a pic of me in my pajamas tonight to see the difference.

It's hard to tell between the two... I guess the flash makes a difference.

I dunno about the luster... you can look for yourself, but personally, I can tell that my hair looks redder.

Before:

2297992940_69a80b0463.jpg

After:

2297989426_67519207a6.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Aveda is NOT for people with sensitive skin!!! I did my apprenticeship in an Aveda salon. Not only did the smell of the salon cause my sinuses major trouble, but I had to wear gloves for every shampoo. I normally don't have allergies and don't have sensitive skin. While I love what Aveda does for the hair, to this day, if I smell it on someone else (all their products have a disctinct smell), it clogs my sinuses.

Shearer

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Aveda is NOT for people with sensitive skin!!! I did my apprenticeship in an Aveda salon. Not only did the smell of the salon cause my sinuses major trouble, but I had to wear gloves for every shampoo. I normally don't have allergies and don't have sensitive skin. While I love what Aveda does for the hair, to this day, if I smell it on someone else (all their products have a disctinct smell), it clogs my sinuses.

Oh dear! Thanks for the warning! I usually have very sensitive skin, but so far I haven't had any issues. And here I was going to say how good this stuff smells, too lol

satindoll

New in Town
Wow, your hair is such a gorgeous, rich shade of red. Every time I've tried to go red it always ends up hideously brassy. So I gave up and went back to my natural dark brunette shade to cover my grays!

Am going to try the Aveda products and see if it enhances my haircolor at all. It's looking pretty dull lately. Thanks for the recommendation.:)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I used to use the conditioner for dyed black hair and it was amazing! It helped make my color last a lot longer and took out the reddish tones black hair usually gets as it fades.

Shearer

Practically Family
Okay, I am glad that (for the most part!) everyone has had a good experience.

Since the red product has henna in it, it makes sense that it would actually leave a moderate amount of colour in your hair... but I wasn't sure if it was the same for blonde, brunette, or black hair.

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
I use the blue malva for light blonde, white and grey hair and I honestly don't know what I would do without it. I have dyed platinum hair, and it gets brassy REALLY fast, and when I use this it always returns the color to a beautiful shade of white and it adds alot of shine that my damaged hair lacks. I've also used the shampoo and conditioner for black hair, which is equally amazing. The prices are very steep, but sooooo worth it, and you only have to use a tiny bit!! I second the recommendation for this line!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn