Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AVI B3 Fit Questions

bensta96

New in Town
So I recently purchased an AVI B3 and it fits very well in length, chest, shoulders and waist but it has one very strange but major fitting issue I have not experienced before. The jacket is extremely tight in the sleeves from the elbow down. Even just trying it on for a few minutes I can feel my arms are wee bit numb. When I wear a long sleeve shirt I have told onto it or it will try pulling it up. Also the feeling of tightness is alleviated slightly if I wear just a T-shirt.

Has anyone else experienced such an issue? I've never had just the forearm of a jacket of any type be so tight, but this is my first shearling.

Here's some bad photos of the fit(not sure how'd they be helpful for just the forearms though) (Forgive the pajama pants but that's where most of my pants excluding high wasted jeans sit)

Attachments

• IMG_6750.jpg
    IMG_6750.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_6752.jpg
    IMG_6752.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 144

2-or-more

New in Town
I also tried the Avi B3 and noticed it has really slim arms. It didn't bother me too much and I didn't notice any numbing on my arms. But I ended up returning the jacket.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Judging from the photo's I'd say that the fit is rather tight - at least tighter than what a B-3 historically is supposed to fit. Contrary to the B-6 and the ANJ-4 it does not have bi-swing back nor underarm gussets resp. Maybe that's the reason it feels tight, as far as I know it was modelled after an original jacket AVI got their hands into (maybe I'm wrong here).

mac-v

New in Town
Benst96 may I ask what your chest measurement is and what jacket size you normally take and what size the b3 is? I'm looking at buying a B3 from Avi and this would really help me out. Iv already purchased a D1 jacket from them and I love the quality and fit.. p.s looks a great jacket on you love the box fit. Only thing you can do with a tight jacket is order a size up...

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I have a RMCNZ B3 that’s a bit tight like your situation, feels like my forearm is suffocating. Sizing is the main culprit. I don’t want to get rid of it because I really like the material. So I might give it a haircut down the road, bring it down to about 6mm from its 22mm fur length. So B3 styling but B6 thickness. This should free up some internal space. I’ll post some pics when I get to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlmom