Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Avirex AC Delco A2 ?

pilot error

One of the Regulars
I've been searching for a suitable candidate for a WW2 tribute jacket. The obvious choices seemed too cost prohibitive. I found this on the bay and was intrigued. The Chuck Yeager X-1 "The Right Stuff" AC Delco A-2..........Lol ! Ok, seriously...oil tanned calfskin, original cut, My size 40. I think I can live with the 65/35 lining, but the knits gotta go. Does anyone have knowledge/experience with this "collector's item" ? The pics are from eBay , the original ad is '83-'84.
b5a7b7be7961a8a820ddf205bd9607bc.jpg
3724b7c470ba4d7e9d87241acff2bda5.jpg
7de92346943df947524363103529ff78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I forgot all about those jackets. I remember thinking, go for it Chuck, get all the money you can milk out of these companies, soon, they will forget all about you! If I remember right, they were not bad jackets quality wise. A good knock about jacket!

archbury918

One of the Regulars
Yes, I had one of these too. Picked it up in the early 90's at a thrift store. It was the last relatively accurate A-2's Avirex made. I remember the Yeager commercials w/ him standing next to a F-20 Tigershark pitching the Delco brand. It was my 2nd A-2 (the 1st being an earlier Avirex). I took considerable time w/ an X-Acto blade on that pocket embroidery. I outgrew it and gave it to my cousin at the time. As stated, not a bad 'knock around' or even a 'painter'.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I feel better! My memory is still fairly good. They were pretty decent reproductions, especially, for the time period!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats