Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Away with the clotheslines!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Why? Let us count the ways ...

Marc Chevalier said:
My problem with clotheslines (especially in the winter) is that some items (heavy cotton jeans, for example) take forever to dry; and when they do, they tend to be very stiff. Wrinkled too -- and it's difficult to remove wrinkles from rigid, stiff fabric.

Finally, the air in Santiago is so dusty and smoggy, your clothes get dirty again as they're hanging out to dry!
Miss Neecerie said:
And the problem with clotheslines in the Amazon...is that everything mildews before it ever gets actually dry.

When I came back from living there I just -threw- stuff away....
mysterygal said:
..bad memories I have are towels and jeans that were to dry outside..OUCH!
fortworthgal said:
But yes, towels and jeans - yuck!
Baron Kurtz said:
The jeans that are brought in to stand in the corner for a while in winter.
Lauren Henline said:
The only thing was it made your jeans as stiff as a board!
jamespowers said:
No way! I can remember clothesline dried towels growing up. If I want sandpaper I will go to the hardware store and buy it. :eek: :p
My mother always manged to screw up my expensive Guess T shirts back then too. Red on the front and pink on the back? Uh, no thanks.
This is, of course, leaving out how birds, dust in the air and dogs that love to eat clothes might affect your wardrobe. :eek: It has all happened to me.
Marc Chevalier said:
Oh yeah, the towels! Almost as stiff as the jeans.
jamespowers said:
Almost!? Where have you been? Only concrete is stiffer. :p
Brad Bowers said:
We had a clothesline when I was a kid, used it all the time in the summer. I don't think I could use one half the year now, as my allergies are bad enough as it is without having pollen stuck in my clothes and sheets!

KAT

A-List Customer
boooooooooohooo that looks bad when you quote just the bad stuff and yours first of course :rolleyes:

ill sign the petition to bring them back..always think about: it could be your kids hiding in aunt kathys bed sheets;)

KAT

A-List Customer
"HANG YOUR GARMENTS OUTSIDE......"

conditionchart.jpg

JA!!!!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass