Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AZ-Tex Hat Company in Arizona

DRB

One Too Many
I recently had an opportunity to explore Arizona while on my way to visit my son who lives in Las Vegas but works at Nellis, AFB. I visited the AZ-Tex Hat Company in Scottsdale, AZ. I met Heather at the shop and she was very helpful and a joy to talk to. I explained to her that I needed a straw hat but was reluctant to purchase one online because my head is a bit lopsided which causes the front pinch to be off-centered.

She took considerable time and patience in showing me various hats. Once I had decided on a hat she put an 1840's "Confomateur" on my head and took my measurement. Sure enough my head was lopsided. She took that measurement and in the "Formillion" she made a paper copy of my head measurement. She kept the measurement on file in case I wanted to purchase from her again in the future.

The hat was not the tightest weave, but well worth the price since it fit so perfectly. $70.00 with tax. I don't need a $300.00 straw hat because I live in Vermont.

The hat is my best souvenir of the trip. It sure came in handy while in the 100F degree (37.8C) heat. The hat fits perfectly.

Here are some pictures.

Straw hat
ArizonaMay20100890.jpg

Conformateur
ArizonaMay20100888.jpg

Formillion
ArizonaMay20100892.jpg

Formillion and hat
ArizonaMay20100893.jpg

Heather (she's a sweetheart)
ArizonaMay20100894.jpg

The shop
ArizonaMay20100895.jpg

The shop (part II)
ArizonaMay20100897.jpg

Hat on the noggin (Phoenix Botanical Garden) (notice 2" brim kept sun out of eyes)
ArizonaMay20101091.jpg

Hoover Dam
HooverDamMay20101353.jpg

Montezuma's Castle
ArizonaMay20101175.jpg

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, you shoulda told me you were comin'!!!
AZ-Tex is just around the corner. They've blocked a couple of my hats for me. Nice old gals!

Yep, that's old town Scottsdale, the "West's Most Western Town".

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav