Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B3 Missing Zipper Tooth

M

member 16283

So my B3 must be getting tight (stomach, sigh) because I tore out the bottom right zipper tooth today unzipping it. Has anyone ever had a zipper replaced?

M

member 16283

nevermind. wasn't a zipper tooth. It was the female zipper catch or whatever it's called. It had been torn off the cloth. I shoved it back on and clamped it down. Hopefully it holds.

MrLostWorlds

New in Town
Replacing the zipper

My B3 had a similar problem. Mine was a LostWorlds B3. I sent it back and got a larger zipper put in its place. The workmanship was second to none. I cannot find any evidence of the repair. Those guys are real top notch craftsmen.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
This is kind of the "hidden cost" of having high-end repro jackets. The zippers will occasionally lose a tooth, etc., and you basically have to send them back to the maker and pay thru the nose or you really devalue the jacket.

M

member 16283

I managed to get the metal piece back on. I don't really trust its strength any more, though. I actually want to drop some weight before trying to wear it outside again. We'll see if $1000 is enough incentive to do so :).

M

member 16283

Apparently it is. I've been eating less the past week while on staycation and my B-3 fits great now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot