Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Babes on Bikes

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
This babe needs help with riding a bicycle! :(
IMG_0498.JPG

BTW: Nice saddle shoes! :rolleyes:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Music Hall singer Marie Lloyd, Kate Hudson, Vanessa Redgrave and Patricia Morison and her Daschund, out for a ride (and a run?) Morison starred in Paramount's 1940 love-and-lust adventure, Untamed, with Ray Milland.
marie-lloyd-bicycle.jpg
bicycle kate hudson.jpg
bicycle Vanessa-Redgrave.jpg
bicycle Patricia-Morison.jpg

a few more: Jayne Mansfield, Brigitte Bardot, Betty Grable & Marlene Dietrich

bicycle jayne mansfield.jpg
bicycle BB.jpg
bicycle Betty Grable.jpg
bicycle marlene dietrich.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Sally Robinson, who in 1937 became the first woman in the USA to be granted a licence to ride a motorcycle:

Sally11_Small.jpg

Sally02_Small.jpg

Vivian Bales, who in 1929 was the first woman to be pictured on the front cover of Harley Davidson's Enthusiast magazine, having made her name by riding solo 5,000 miles across the US in 78 days:

1173.jpg

Dot "First Lady of Motorcycling" Robinson - born in Australia in 1912, but moved to the US with her family in 1918. Highly successful competitive racer in the 30s, founder member of Motor Maids of America (now Motor Maids Inc) n 1941 - the first all-female motorcycle organisation registered with the AMA. Gave up riding (latterly, her pink Harley with inbuilt lipstick holder - and a sidecar for her husband once he was no longer able to ride himself) in 2007 at the age of 85, when a knee-replacement made it impractical. Dot on the right; the lady on the left is her daughter:

MC-10.jpg

Dot Robinson as a motorcycle courier for a defence contractor in ww2:

dotonbike.jpg

Anke-Eve Goldman, the 6'6" West German lady motorcyclist, who in the 1950s and 1960s took on and often beat the men. When racing, she wore a custom-made, self-designed leather catsuit/ one-piece racing suit. She also wrote for many international motorcycle magazines, and became the first to report on the thriving all-women motorcycling racing league in Soviet East Germany. Originally she was due to actually visit East German and meet the women racers there directly in 1961, however she cancelled the trip in shock and disgust after the CIA visited her and tried to recruit her as a spy (she had no interesting in actively fighting the cold war on either side, she merely wanted to report a thriving woman's racing scene after having had to fight so hard to compete - and often been turned away from competitions on grounds of her gender - in the "free West"). Instead, she built up a correspondence with the women racers, and reported their scene in 1962 (only the US Cycle World carried the piece, owing to the Cold War sensibilities in Europe).

1-Soviet-Racing-Women-Anke-Eve-Goldman-The-Vintagent-portrait.png

2-Soviet-Racing-Women-Anke-Eve-Goldman-The-Vintagent-BMW-R69.jpg

3-Soviet-Racing-Women-Anke-Eve-Goldman-The-Vintagent-Nurburgring-R69-712x1024.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I expected this thread would be derailed by motorcycles, eventually.

Oh well, if we're going to stretch the definition of bicycle to include motorbikes...

View attachment 125012

I figured sooner or later the motorcycle babes would start rollin’ in when I created this thread!
Oh well, as long as they don’t run over the bicycle babes...it’s cool. ;)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Thread title only says "bikes"... ;-)

I mostly refer to bicycles as "bikes"and that was the intent for this thread which I started.

My BMW, Royal Enfield and Truimph in my
life, I've given them a special name.
Much depended on a given day and how
they rode and the name I spat at them
at the moment.

But hey....it's cool, I like what's been posted! :)

Last edited:
I mostly refer to bicycles as "bikes"and that was the intent for this thread which I started.

My BMW, Royal Enfield and Truimph in my
life, I've given them a special name.
Much depended on a given day and how
they rode and the name I spat at them
at the moment.

But hey....it's cool, I like what's been posted! :)

Hey, it was inevitable.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21