Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

back in 1955 !

Charlie

Familiar Face
SpiegelChristmasCatalog.1955.P026.jpg

Longshanks

New in Town
Officewear?

Interesting that these jackets that we see as "casual" or "biker" are presented office dress and neckties.

I wonder if that's just the aesthetic of the advertising of the day or just because men just wore ties even if they were riding motorbikes.

icecold

One of the Regulars
I dig these looks a lot. THat's the best answer to the modern 'smart casual' travesties. Khakis, button down, tie, and a leather jacket, and you're good to go.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I dress like this a lot, wearing a dress shirt and tie with civilian jackets very like 1, 2 and 3 in the 1955 catalogue and (a particular favourite) the 'Aviator Style' in the 1940s posting. It's a traditional look that I like a lot.

Interestiingly, Aero used to do a jacket like that for the Levi's Vintage collaction and sold some of them under their own label. They are (IMHO) more 'traditional' than the Bootlegger. I bet they'd sell some if they brought them out again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ