Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Back In A Fedora!

lordcharles

New in Town
What to wear with a fedora?

I too have jsut been wearing my fedoras again. However, the problem I have is what to wear with them. I have given up wearing a fedora with an A2, or any other of my leather jackets come to that, because my daughters and wife say I am an aspiring Indy clone. I have a long 1930's crombie that seems about right, but, truth to tell, I think my fedoras look better with a spring autumn jacket. What do you guys think?

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lordcharles,

The common answer to your question will usually be: Fedoras go with almost any attire. Almost. You rightly indicate your inclination to wear one with a particular jacket, or coat. I wear my fedora even in the house just because I love the hat.:D I needed to get comfortable wearing it in public again. I suppose it is also true that certain types of fedoras are more or less formal, probably why I prefer a thin ribbon, some see it as a "western" look, suitable for all around wear, wider ribbons moving toward more formal wear. Everyone has their own feelings about it. Naturally.

dean

lordcharles

New in Town
That Dobbs

Yes, you're right. perhaps I too should swallow the pill again and don the old leather with a fedora. I tend to wear a City Sport Donegal tweed newsboy in the heart of winter and a fedora when it begins to warm up.

By the way, that is a great looking Dobbs.

Pat_H

A-List Customer
deanglen said:
Thanks, Pat. Any word on the M1911 Repro?

dean

No feedback yet on it. I can't find anyone who has bought one. The details seem generally correct, and the materials seems roughly correct, but that's just based on the advertisement.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Goose. said:
Hello Dean...

I'm new here but I wanted to chime in and say your hat looks great!

Nice to see all the folks that are happy to see you back.

Hi, Goose,

Thanks for your kind words and it's nice to see a new Lounger be so gracious. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot