Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bailey Gangster Bogart Style

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Welcome Sam!

I don't have a Bailey Gangster, but there is a lot of interest in Bogie's hats on the FL. Here is an old thread that might interest you: Sam Spade's Fedora. How does your Bailey compare to the actual hat worn by Bogie as Sam Spade?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I have a black Bogart fedora that I purchased a few years ago in Village Hat Shop. Nice hat.

It was not a Bailey, though, it was a Biltmore. I think VHS now has Jaxon making them.

Does Bailey make them in fur felt or in wool?

karol

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Wolfmanjack said:
I don't have a Bailey Gangster, but there is a lot of interest in Bogie's hats on the FL. Here is an old thread that might interest you: Sam Spade's Fedora. How does your Bailey compare to the actual hat worn by Bogie as Sam Spade?

its damn near the same hat, which is why i took interest in it ;) go figure...also it is on the inexpensive side so that was also interesting...you can check it out at fedorastore.com under bailey gangster

i like that other thread Jack, Bogart is one of the best...and compare the fedorastore hat to your thread and you'll see the similarities...it seems the "dark grey" on the website closely matches Spade's, given its a black n white film lol hope that makes sense

K

kpreed

Bailey Gangster

Howdy!
I have one and it is my winter everyday hat ( I wear a straw Fedora in summer). I love the hat and it looks good and is just fine with me. Also for the price I can buy 10 of them to one custom hat, but you can in no way compare it to a custom, they are just great! Just do not have the cash for one.
kpreed

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
K.D. Lightner said:
I have a black Bogart fedora that I purchased a few years ago in Village Hat Shop. Nice hat.

It was not a Bailey, though, it was a Biltmore. I think VHS now has Jaxon making them.

I used to have a "Bogart" model fedora by Biltmore from the VHS. Though it was a steel grey color. Nice hat, though it turned out to be a little big for me. A friend of mine has it now.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Stetson "Whippet"

Try keeping an eye out for the Whippet as it seems to have 'that look' that you are trying to capture. Worth a try...and it's vintage into the bargain :D

WHIPPET009.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore