Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Banished Lounger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
dog20 said:
:eek:fftopic: even with 15 i'm still unable to PM. did they change it to 20?

Nope...but as with all things browsery....try exiting IE or Mozilla or whatever browser you are using completely, and then restart it and log in again.

First step at solving things that are kept for a session...like your post count.

dog20

Familiar Face
WEEGEE said:
dog20

It is based on quality of posts. i am still unable to pm.lol
:rolleyes: i hope thats not the case because i came here to learn about hats after i saw a guy at work wear a fedora! i should of asked him where he bought it... but he was speaking spanish.

"donde compras tu sombrero?" heh

dog20

Familiar Face
Marc Chevalier said:
Not bad!

"Donde compraste tu sombrero." (Past tense verb.) ;)

i forgot about tenses... its been awhile since i took spanish :mad: !

e
aste
o

amos
asteis
aron

:D

Marc Chevalier said:
But please, please, PLEASE don't found a Bring Back Happy Stroller Society.

Happy Stroller never went away did he?

I was under the impression he'd simply sauntered across the pond for a while.

Where else could he find out the proper button-covering for buttons on a waistcoat to be worn between 1500 and 1510 in the afternoon on a chilly-but-not-cold-though-not-too-warm-either Tuesday in April when tea was being served on the tea-maid's day off when windows were open - but not fully open - and a bluebottle fly had flown through the window? Did i mention the drinkers would be sitting, not standing? If not, that was a vital point in the question!

God forbid he should have self-covered buttons instead of contrast-covering! A faux-pas worthy of Benny Hill himself!!!!

bk

dog20

Familiar Face
:eek:fftopic: i might as well ask my question here since i can't PM. i was told that 'the burlington coat factory' sells hats... do you guys know of any other places i could go to get them? i want to see how i look with one of these on before purchasing!

dog20

Familiar Face
Matt Deckard said:
Florida ay?
Hmmm... Have to look up a shop. Other than the rare Nordstrom that carries fedoras it may be a bit hard for you to find the right place.

I'll find out.
thanks matt and do you know why i can't send PMs? i would like to do those because i don't want people here getting mad at me since i know nothing about hats (aka stupid questions).

Just before i left the US in february i had the misfortune to step inside a couple of department stores. They were all of them selling fedoras - all made by "Country Gentleman" - of the wool-felt type. This was the first type of fedora i bought in the US, and it was a grand intro to the genre. I liked how i looked in my Country Gentleman! Now i have an absurd number of vintage fedoras.

I was especially glad to see that a friend of mine who had always shunned my fedora wearing ways was wearing a country gentleman the last time he drove through Lafayette before i left.

bk

dog20

Familiar Face
i thought the guy at work looked really cool. that hat just seemed to go well with him. but he was also quite older than me. i may not have the courage to be walking around with one on (i'm 20 and i've never seen a young guy wear that type of hat!)... plus, i may not like the look. who knows.

I agree that you don't want to leap in with a really expensive fedora.

but you don't want to base your notions of "it works" or "it doesn't work" on just one fedora. Go to a hat store and try on all the models they can give you . . . stingy brims, standard brims and wide brims; high, medium and low crowns; thin, medium and wide ribbons. there's a fedora to suit everyone! Just check out RBH - he looks great in thin ribbon hats - but i just don't like how they look on me. I fear that an awful lot of people are turned off hats because the first one they try doesn't suit their features. Try 'em all; i'm certain there's one you'll like.

bk

dog20

Familiar Face
Baron Kurtz said:
I agree that you don't want to leap in with a really expensive fedora.

but you don't want to base your notions of "it works" or "it doesn't work" on just one fedora. Go to a hat store and try on all the models they can give you . . . stingy brims, standard brims and wide brims; high, medium and low crowns; thin, medium and wide ribbons. there's a fedora to suit everyone! Just check out RBH - he looks great in thin ribbon hats - but i just don't like how they look on me. I fear that an awful lot of people are turned off hats because the first one they try doesn't suit their features. Try 'em all; i'm certain there's one you'll like.

bk
RBH, whats that?

yep thats what i wanted to do. i made a thread about where to buy a hat besides ebay because i wanted to try the hats on. but it got deleted! i'll check out "The burlington coat factory" but thats only one place. I would like to know of more shops to be able to try on more hats!

Sorry, RBH is a member here. he was my example of a hat that looks great on some people (thin ribbon, wide-ish brim), but not on me.

Now where did i go? It was Sear's, i think. They were selling Country Gentleman . . . maybe Penney's too. Where in Florida are you? It's a big state! maybe with a town/general geography one of our hat-store-owner members could help direct you to a store.

bk

Salv

One Too Many
dog20 said:
thanks matt and do you know why i can't send PMs? i would like to do those because i don't want people here getting mad at me since i know nothing about hats (aka stupid questions).

Have you checked that Private Messaging is enabled in your profile? Click on User CP on the menu bar, then in the list on the left click on Edit Options. Scroll down about half way to the Private Messaging section and make sure there's a tick next to Enable Private Messaging.

Mark G

A-List Customer
I agree, go to a hat store and try on as many hats as you can. Once you find one that suits you, wear it around the house, then out to get the mail, pretty soon you'll feel naked without it. Before I started wearing them on a regular basis I would see someone in a nice hat and think, that's cool. I think a lot of it has to do with attitude.

dog20

Familiar Face
Salv said:
Have you checked that Private Messaging is enabled in your profile? Click on User CP on the menu bar, then in the list on the left click on Edit Options. Scroll down about half way to the Private Messaging section and make sure there's a tick next to Enable Private Messaging.
thanks but it is checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot