Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barmah Hats

LEOSTARK

New in Town
Yeah the Akubras outbacks are nice, mostly not packable.

Some people love the leather outback hats. There's several brands. Tilley's are quite popular. I think the mesh Breezer feature looks a bit silly.

Really depends on your intended use, rainy, cold weather, or hot and summer?
I live on the west coast of Canada in British Columbia. Our weather consists of a lot of rains, but we have been getting some really warm Summers. My intended use is for overnight hikes early late Spring to early Summer, some kayaking trips, and as a general casual beater around town to go shopping, have some coffee or meals with friends etc.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Boy, this thread really takes me back. I was brand new to fedoras then, and Goose was the first one to reach out to a newbie. I miss him. He had a great sense of humor. I remember that he was suffering from congestive heart failure and his posts got fewer and fewer until he was just gone. I remember he once said, "Be nice to everyone but have a plan to kill them." That was his brand of humor. Here's to you, Goose! (_)^

milandro

A-List Customer
I've just returned from outside and , as I always do when it pours down, I wore my Barmah squashy cattle leather hat (which is conditioned for the rain and I keep conditioning every now and agin).

It is really taking all the possible punishment that I wouldn't subject any of my hats to without any problems at all.

I really think they are an essential for anyone who wears hats regularly but also for people whom may only want to go in the rain without an umbrella.

click to expand if you so wish

Attachments

• 1697809453422.png
    1697809453422.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 1697809598441.png
    1697809598441.png
    530 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member