Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barnes & Noble's Film Noir Course

I took B&N's online Film Noir course twice already, and loved it both times. Sadly, it looks like they did away with their online courses a while back and just have book discussions now. However, the last time I took the course, I copied all the lectures, lessons and assignments into a Word document. I have it all organized very neatly. If anyone is interested in taking this course on their own. It's really just reading, interpretation and analyzing. There are no grades or anything. You do need the book "Film Noir Reader" to go along with the reading assignments but that's pretty much it. Actually you can get by without it. Aside from that, you may have to rent some of the films it asks you to watch, if you don't already own them. So, if anyone is interested in this, let me know and I'll send you the Word doc. Here is the book you need....

fnrhl5.jpg

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I've read that book for a Film Noir class. Interesting stuff. Other good books on noir are: "In a Lonely Street," by Krutnik and "Voices in the Dark," by Telotte. There are also multiple Film Noir Readers, but I've only read that one, with Phantom Lady on the cover.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Midnight Palace, Just saw the thread. Can you still send the Film Noir info? I'll PM my email address. Thanks, Carter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL